+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

#addressHistory #payslip #onemonth

ashwinpal

Oct 21, 2021
Hi all,

I am confused whether I need to insert an address in the address history section where I lived in metro Vancouver for just one month in Canada. I actually moved back to my previous place in Vancouver after that. I started a job on that same month and all my payslips show that one month address for almost 8 months as I never changed it and checked it before. As my company is not providing reference letters I am in the process of getting one from my manager for that, I would need to attach payslips as well.

So, my question is, do I need to insert that address where I just lived one month but have to attach payslips on that address for 8 months? I haven't changed my address anywhere else except for the payslip as I got back to previous residence. Or, can I omit that address completely and just use recent last 3 month payslips that have my current address. Thanks in advance!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi all,

I am confused whether I need to insert an address in the address history section where I lived in metro Vancouver for just one month in Canada. I actually moved back to my previous place in Vancouver after that. I started a job on that same month and all my payslips show that one month address for almost 8 months as I never changed it and checked it before. As my company is not providing reference letters I am in the process of getting one from my manager for that, I would need to attach payslips as well.

So, my question is, do I need to insert that address where I just lived one month but have to attach payslips on that address for 8 months? I haven't changed my address anywhere else except for the payslip as I got back to previous residence. Or, can I omit that address completely and just use recent last 3 month payslips that have my current address. Thanks in advance!
Yes you have to insert address where you had lived for 15 days as well. So yes, I did so

ashwinpal

Oct 21, 2021
Hi @Taran D , thanks for your reply. It does not reflect anywhere else except my payslip. Would that be a problem? Or, do I need to mention this in my LOE and explain why I haven't changed the address anywhere else?

My reason is that I did not like this place so decided to move out of here in a week, so did not update anything else. Had to use that address for getting my work laptop at that moment so I updated at work and forgot to update it until recently..

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi @Taran D , thanks for your reply. It does not reflect anywhere else except my payslip. Would that be a problem? Or, do I need to mention this in my LOE and explain why I haven't changed the address anywhere else?

My reason is that I did not like this place so decided to move out of here in a week, so did not update anything else. Had to use that address for getting my work laptop at that moment so I updated at work and forgot to update it until recently..
Thats all good. Logical think why would your home and office have to be same..
You might have valid provincial id to support this, isn't it??

ashwinpal

Oct 21, 2021
Hey @Taran D This address I lived here just for a month is not there on any of my provincial Id ,not even my bank statements. That’s my concern actually

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey @Taran D This address I lived here just for a month is not there on any of my provincial Id ,not even my bank statements. That’s my concern actually
No worries. List it as it is in the address history form even though you have no proofs, IRCC won't ask for a proof anyways if they will ask keep an explanation letter ready but I don't think it would be possible.

Reactions: ashwinpal