Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Could you please advise the best approach in the following situation.
I'm in the long trip right now with 8 countries visited in the last 6 months. At some countries I stayed just for a few days, at some - for 2 months with a few return arrivals to that country. What is the best approach to list it in the address / travel history?
1) keep the address in the home country as the only one and list all visited countries in travel history only?
2) track all addresses during the trip? but they were not really permanent.. hotels, friends flats, etc.
3) track addresses partially for stays longer than 2-3 weeks? but in this case what should be listed in between them, since there should be no gaps?
Did you live in these countries? or just visiting / holidays?

Address history you'll keep your home address for the entire time. Under travel history section you'll put all the different places you visited. Unless you lived in those places and updated your home/mailing address each time, then there is no reason to have them in your address history.

I did a 3 month holiday in Europe and kept my home address as my one in Australia and had all the places I visited in Europe under travel history. I didn't have exact dates as the holiday was nearly 10 years old now, but I did my best guess and IRCC were happy with that.

Reactions: TTBR

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Did you live in these countries? or just visiting / holidays?

Address history you'll keep your home address for the entire time. Under travel history section you'll put all the different places you visited. Unless you lived in those places and updated your home/mailing address each time, then there is no reason to have them in your address history.

I did a 3 month holiday in Europe and kept my home address as my one in Australia and had all the places I visited in Europe under travel history. I didn't have exact dates as the holiday was nearly 10 years old now, but I did my best guess and IRCC were happy with that.

I would consider it as a tourism - I have not had work / study permits in any of these countries and I just spent time there visiting various places, improving my english and retaking IELTS... The question is what IRCC consider as a "living"and not "visiting"?
So should be no issues with just going with option 1 and not mentioning airbnb / rented flats addresses at all?

D

Deleted member 981115

Hi ,

I have a question regarding my address history post ITA.

Throughout my undergraduate degree, I would transition between different residences within the academic year. Specifically, during winter and summer breaks, when my lease agreements would expire, I would temporarily move out of my residence and travel on a vacation. During these vacations, I would input the address of the country I traveled to, as I did not have an active lease agreement in Canada at that time. Once I returned to Canada, I would secure a new residence along with a fresh lease agreement, and I would provide the corresponding address for this period. When completing the address history section of my application, I included the addresses where I had valid lease agreements.

Is this the right approach?
Within the same country, stick to your permanent address. If you've traveled on a short trip, no point adding that as a separate line item. If you moved cities within the same country, that can be added as an additional line item.

If you took a vacation outside your country of usual residence, that wouldn't be a separate line item. If you lived in another country besides your country of usual residence, mention the address in that other country for that duration.

am just alone

Oct 11, 2023
canada
Category........
Other
i forgot to mention my room numbers in the apartment's that i lived in but i mentioned the apartment number , street name , city and postal code. plus i have lived in 2 rooms in same building so just mentioned the building address is this a major issue?

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
i forgot to mention my room numbers in the apartment's that i lived in but i mentioned the apartment number , street name , city and postal code. plus i have lived in 2 rooms in same building so just mentioned the building address is this a major issue?
That won't be a problem so don't worry about it.