+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address change when outside Canada

madosank

Nov 20, 2018
Hi all,

During my citizenship application processing period, I will be away from canada for around 6 months and will not have a local address. Is it acceptable to change the address to a friend's address? Will I be asked for proof of address change since the updated (friend's address) will not be the one on my driver's license which i have provided as proof of ID?

Also, if/when I'm invited for the oath ceremony and the address on my ID I provide on the day does not match the updated address, will this be an issue? especially for mailing out the citizenship certificate.

Thank you.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hi all,

During my citizenship application processing period, I will be away from canada for around 6 months and will not have a local address. Is it acceptable to change the address to a friend's address? Will I be asked for proof of address change since the updated (friend's address) will not be the one on my driver's license which i have provided as proof of ID?

Also, if/when I'm invited for the oath ceremony and the address on my ID I provide on the day does not match the updated address, will this be an issue? especially for mailing out the citizenship certificate.

Thank you.
Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I'm temporarily living in the US and plan to use my friend's address. My old address is till on my ID.
What happened in your case?