+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Change and Employment Status Change

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hello,
I applied for the citizenship and they received my application on Oct 19, 2018
I am currently employed and I got this job about 3 weeks ago. Before that, I was traveling most of the time for the last 3 years with a bit of studying and temporary working after I got my PR through AINP. (Alberta)
I am a bit (actually a lot) concerned about my long wandering after I got my PR and plus move to BC for schooling for a while. Lots of frequent in and out of Canada and for the time being I'm (temporarily) settled in a city where I got my PR.
I might have to move again (I might) after next Spring to BC and I suspect that my application may still be in its process by then.

Do you think this address change AND/OR Employment status change (whether change to another job or take a break for a while) would affect my citizenship process in any way?

I understand that I have to let them know the address change but do I also have to report that I'm no longer employed by the company I worked for when I was applying the citizenship??

This may sound nothing to some of you... but this eats me alive these days because I really would like to get this done as soon as possible so that my upcoming PR renewal due date won't matter to me at all.

Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
No, you don't have to report any employment status change to IRCC. If anything, you'll tell the IRCC officer what your current job is during the interview if he asks.
The work history is not a factor in you getting your citizenship or not. If the IRCC agent treating your application feels confident about your residency claims, it will go as smoothly as possible
Good luck! :)