+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse on CSQ application

ofaruk

May 25, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have a question. I have received my CSQ as a single person and I have applied for my permanent Residency. My application is in process. Recently I have got married. Now my question is, how to add my spouse with my PR application. Do I need to add my spouse into my CSQ first? I know if I add my spouse they will recalculate the points. I have enough points based on the calculation. They required 59 for a married person and I have 61(including the points of my spouse's point). As I single person I have 56 as a single person. But as I am adding my wife and for her qualification I am getting 6 and in total it's 62.

My question is, is there any chance to get rejected at this stage? How long it will take to finish my CSQ application as I am adding my wife. Just to mention, I have a validated job offer with LMIA but my CSQ application was in process before my LMIA. So as a single person, for LMIA I did not get points. So now as they will recalcualte everything, is there any change to show my LMIA to boost my points? Then my points will be 70.

Please answer whoever added their spouse recently or in the past.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hello Everyone,

I have a question. I have received my CSQ as a single person and I have applied for my permanent Residency. My application is in process. Recently I have got married. Now my question is, how to add my spouse with my PR application. Do I need to add my spouse into my CSQ first? I know if I add my spouse they will recalculate the points. I have enough points based on the calculation. They required 59 for a married person and I have 61(including the points of my spouse's point). As I single person I have 56 as a single person. But as I am adding my wife and for her qualification I am getting 6 and in total it's 62.

My question is, is there any chance to get rejected at this stage? How long it will take to finish my CSQ application as I am adding my wife. Just to mention, I have a validated job offer with LMIA but my CSQ application was in process before my LMIA. So as a single person, for LMIA I did not get points. So now as they will recalcualte everything, is there any change to show my LMIA to boost my points? Then my points will be 70.

Please answer whoever added their spouse recently or in the past.
No you can add you wife. By law you are supposed to inform ircc about your marriage or you risk being denied based on misrepresentation. Contact ircc via webform or phone and tell them you got married and would like to add your wife. As long as you have your AOR you points have been locked-in adding your wife won't affect you in anyway it may only add a couple of month to you application and that is all

Reactions: ofaruk

ofaruk

May 25, 2021
No you can add you wife. By law you are supposed to inform ircc about your marriage or you risk being denied based on misrepresentation. Contact ircc via webform or phone and tell them you got married and would like to add your wife. As long as you have your AOR you points have been locked-in adding your wife won't affect you in anyway it may only add a couple of month to you application and that is all

Thanks for your reply Muna. I have already informed IRCC. But i was confused about the process of adding spouse in my CSQ application. Have gone through the same process? it would be a help if you were, you could help me by providing some information.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Then you will have to get a new CSQ, and you will go in the back of the line for processing. Best to secure yours first and then sponsor your spouse. Or just get out of Quebec, get your PR in 6 months with your spouse. You can always come back once you have your PR.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Whether she is accompanying you or not she still needs to do medical, and everything else you do before you can get your PR the only difference is that she will not get PR when you do if she is non accompanying. Don't waste your money and your time. Add as accompanying it will take a while longer but you both will get PR same time.
Just so you know processing is slow anywhere Whether is in Quebec or outside Quebec. The Covid 19 is basically the IRCC biggest excuse now. Leaving Quebec means you will need to start over and all and tomorrow's opportunity isn't guaranteed. I don't know what else to tell you maybe it is because I added my spouse as accompanying to my application I got married 4months after AOR. Well it is up to you.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Whether she is accompanying you or not she still needs to do medical, and everything else you do before you can get your PR the only difference is that she will not get PR when you do if she is non accompanying. Don't waste your money and your time. Add as accompanying it will take a while longer but you both will get PR same time.
Just so you know processing is slow anywhere Whether is in Quebec or outside Quebec. The Covid 19 is basically the IRCC biggest excuse now. Leaving Quebec means you will need to start over and all and tomorrow's opportunity isn't guaranteed. I don't know what else to tell you maybe it is because I added my spouse as accompanying to my application I got married 4months after AOR. Well it is up to you.
If he’s in the middle of his federal stage, would be the worst possible decision to withdraw his file and start from scratch knowing that the processing time keeps going higher for Quebec. Your suggestion only makes sense if he just applied for federal, I would be careful even in that scenario.

ofaruk

May 25, 2021
Hello @Nneoma.muna

Can you please tell me now how to add my wife to my PR application? i found that i have to submit those forms

My question is about the new generic form. Is it for my wife and for myself aswell? or only for my wife? I am confused.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
it's wrong information. Just to let you know. i have received my new CSQ with my wife in 15 days.
Well you are lucky then, but you still will get treated as a new applicant in federal stage. Means the 27 months timer starts from today.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hello @Nneoma.muna

Can you please tell me now how to add my wife to my PR application? i found that i have to submit those forms

My question is about the new generic form. Is it for my wife and for myself aswell? or only for my wife? I am confused.
All forms applicable to you would have to be filled out again, as I mentioned earlier.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hello @Nneoma.muna

both of you