Adding spouse after AOR

ArunKK

Apr 3, 2024
Application: Express Entry In-land
October 20, 2023: Application submitted
January 5, 2024: Biometrics and Medical request
January 30, 2024: Medical passed
February 16, 2024: Went to India for my wedding
February 19, 2024: Received P1 email asking to confirm if I am in Canada. Replied saying no and provided return date
February 21, 2024: Received an email asking to update IRCC once I return to Canada
February 29, 2024: Got married
March 2, 2024: Updated IRCC about my marriage
March 14, 2024: Uploaded documents for adding spouse to the application through webform (IMM forms, PCC, medical, marriage certificate, wedding photos)
March 17, 2024: Returned to Canada
March 18, 2024: Updated IRCC of my return to Canada
April 5, 2024: Received P2 email confirming my PR and asking to confirm my presence in the country and upload PR photo. At this point my wife was not added as a dependent to the application
April 5, 2024: Called IRCC call center explaining this situation. The agent told not to confirm and not to upload PR photo. Asked to write to the VO explaining the change in family composition and the marriage status

No reply to the email from IRCC and no changes in my CIC account so far.

What will happen and how long would it take for the VO to process my application?
Was it okay to not have confirmed and uploaded my PR photo as the IRCC agent had advised?
I did not submit relationship questionnaire for me and my wife as it was not listed in the Spouse kit. Should I?
My wife do not have her birth certificate. What should I do in this case?

Your inputs are much appreciated.

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Application: Express Entry In-land
October 20, 2023: Application submitted
January 5, 2024: Biometrics and Medical request
January 30, 2024: Medical passed
February 16, 2024: Went to India for my wedding
February 19, 2024: Received P1 email asking to confirm if I am in Canada. Replied saying no and provided return date
February 21, 2024: Received an email asking to update IRCC once I return to Canada
February 29, 2024: Got married
March 2, 2024: Updated IRCC about my marriage
March 14, 2024: Uploaded documents for adding spouse to the application through webform (IMM forms, PCC, medical, marriage certificate, wedding photos)
March 17, 2024: Returned to Canada
March 18, 2024: Updated IRCC of my return to Canada
April 5, 2024: Received P2 email confirming my PR and asking to confirm my presence in the country and upload PR photo. At this point my wife was not added as a dependent to the application
April 5, 2024: Called IRCC call center explaining this situation. The agent told not to confirm and not to upload PR photo. Asked to write to the VO explaining the change in family composition and the marriage status

No reply to the email from IRCC and no changes in my CIC account so far.

What will happen and how long would it take for the VO to process my application?
Was it okay to not have confirmed and uploaded my PR photo as the IRCC agent had advised?
I did not submit relationship questionnaire for me and my wife as it was not listed in the Spouse kit. Should I?
My wife do not have her birth certificate. What should I do in this case?

Your inputs are much appreciated.

Thanks
Not spousal sponsorship. Post in express entry. Expect it to take some time (months at least).