+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Accompanying family members' question

soni_05

Feb 5, 2009
Hi experts: I have a landing question and any advice is highly appreciated. I searched around but my questions seems like unique to my situation:

- when I completed my application form (under Independent category) as Principal applicant, I mentioned/selected option that my spouse and child will be immigrating but will not accompany with me at the same time I land (as I plan to land few months before my spouse and child arrive)

- On the form IMM 5292; on column#14, it states on
my: Accompanying members : Spouse's name and my child's name
my spouse's form: Husband (myself)
my child's form: Father

- my questions:
Q1: Is it an error on the form; how come my spouse's name is not on my child's (under 10 yr age) form?
Q2: Do we all have land/arrive together or could I land by myself first and my sppuse & child few months later until I settle.
- I asked around: someone said you all have to arrive/land together (because of new rules??) and others said it doesn't matter and I could do the way I originally planned (me first and family later.). I am confused with responses.
- Is it a problem, and is there any ph# contact# for Canada-CIC where my relatives can call and get clarification on the contents of form.

many Thanks in advance.
SS

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
For sure either the principal applicant lands first followed by the dependents or all land together - both are acceptable. But dependents cannot land before the main applicant.

@yourservice

Feb 16, 2009
Here is a weblink where you can find out phone numbers for CIC offices and Canadian embassies outside of Canada:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp