+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepting ITA when not technically at 1 year of work experience

waifuwars

Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone!

I got a notification from my IRCC account that something had been updated in my account. I checked and my points had been updated to 474 even though I won't have that work experience until June 8. If I end up receiving an ITA next week (or whenever the next CEC draw is) do I decline it or accept it but submit my application on June 8 with a Letter of Explanation? From what I could find, this happens due to the way the portal calculates work experience.

I have heard conflicting information everywhere. IRCC's twitter account seems to indicate it is fine and to attach an LOE; however, some people on this forum said to decline the ITA. I am really confused and would be grateful if I could get an answer from people with experience!

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone!

I got a notification from my IRCC account that something had been updated in my account. I checked and my points had been updated to 474 even though I won't have that work experience until June 8. If I end up receiving an ITA next week (or whenever the next CEC draw is) do I decline it or accept it but submit my application on June 8 with a Letter of Explanation? From what I could find, this happens due to the way the portal calculates work experience.

I have heard conflicting information everywhere. IRCC's twitter account seems to indicate it is fine and to attach an LOE; however, some people on this forum said to decline the ITA. I am really confused and would be grateful if I could get an answer from people with experience!
so you would rather trust ppl in this forum than IRCC. Just submit your application after Jun 8. You dont need to decline

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi everyone!

Same as above. You already found IRCC’s tweet, what more do you need? Plus if you scour posts in these forum, you’ll find lots of posts similar to yours. They’ve also found IRCC’s tweet or have been directed to that tweet.