+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About VISA Expiry

mth139

Jun 26, 2014
HI,

I was a student in Canada and my study visa is valid up to 31st December, 2014. Currently I am out of Canada and my study is also finished. Before leaving Canada, I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit and the application has been approved.

Now my question is: though my study is over, can I enter Canada again with the visa that I have now? As I have the Post Graduate Work Permit, I have legal status to stay in Canada but I am confused about entry to Canada. If someone can answer this whether the VISA is valid up to its expiry or should I apply for a new TRV to enter Canada again?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
mth139 said:
HI,

I was a student in Canada and my study visa is valid up to 31st December, 2014. Currently I am out of Canada and my study is also finished. Before leaving Canada, I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit and the application has been approved.

Now my question is: though my study is over, can I enter Canada again with the visa that I have now? As I have the Post Graduate Work Permit, I have legal status to stay in Canada but I am confused about entry to Canada. If someone can answer this whether the VISA is valid up to its expiry or should I apply for a new TRV to enter Canada again?
TRV is valid until the date of expiry

You can later apply for a new TRV based on your WP (or apply for one now--whichever is easier). If you apply for a TRV while you are in Canada you will have to send the application to a US counsulate office