+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About the Good to Follow

trsf01

Feb 20, 2020
Hello all,

I am a Canadian PR, who is about to come to Canada for good. I had soft landed a little less than 3 years ago (i know i cut it too close :( ). I will moving from US and I will have some household items coming with a moving company separately. I am hoping that customs still consider me first time settler and allow me fill the GTF form for customs exemption on these good.

Could you help me understand how to fill this GTF form? How detailed does it have to be? Since we are moving during the coronavirus situation, there is a considerable amount of stress overall for us. I just wanted to check how detailed I need to be on this list? And can it be just a sheet with a list of items on it? Or is it an official form?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello all,

I am a Canadian PR, who is about to come to Canada for good. I had soft landed a little less than 3 years ago (i know i cut it too close :( ). I will moving from US and I will have some household items coming with a moving company separately. I am hoping that customs still consider me first time settler and allow me fill the GTF form for customs exemption on these good.

Could you help me understand how to fill this GTF form? How detailed does it have to be? Since we are moving during the coronavirus situation, there is a considerable amount of stress overall for us. I just wanted to check how detailed I need to be on this list? And can it be just a sheet with a list of items on it? Or is it an official form?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.
1. There is an official Form https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186a-eng.html Although you could use any list.
2. Expensive items should be full described, electronics their serial no. Stuff like kitchen equipment list as x cartons kitchen goods, x cartons used clothing etc.