Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
Hi all,

My husband who is a canadian citizen was self employed for more than 2 years. But he never declared tax. And by April 2010 he was employed. I have several questions and need your advicies.

1-If we go thru with the application without declaring the tax for almost 2 years will be a problem? he can show where he is working, how many hours etc. right now but we are confused about this option-c print out. Is it something showing the previous years?

2-If yes, do you think we should contact an accountant and see what we can do? Maybe pay them at once and then apply for sponsorship?

3-What if we apply anyways and if he is found ineligible to sponsor and if we checked the box continue with the process? (I know that the fees paid will not be funded) What happens with the PR application then? Cause on the guideline it says; 'If you do not qualify as a sponsor and have not notified CPC-M of your intent to withdraw, the application of the person you are sponsoring will be processed. The visa office will likely refuse the application for permanent residence and inform you in writing of your right to appeal.' So are there any other ways to show somebody else as a sponsor if he doesnt qualify? Or will it be a refusal anyway?

Any knowledge will be appreciated. Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your husband doesn't have residential ties with Canada during his residency in Turkey, as a non resident for tax purposes, he doesn't need to declare his earnings of non Canadian sources to CRA.

odethe

Jul 8, 2010
Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
No he resides in Canada and he was self employed in Canada, not in Turkey.

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
then he needs to pay tax

odethe

Jul 8, 2010
Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
I know he needs to pay and he will. I am just asking if we should apply after paying? will there be any problems if we do it before. Cause accountant, calculations and payment will take some weeks more to go which will delay our application. Come on, we are not trying to find a way out of not paying!!! all we want to know is what will be the consequences on our application.

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
pay before.. otherwise he could be charged with tax evasion which would make him unable to sponsor