+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question about landing / please help

aflatun

Aug 27, 2015
Hi,

Please help me. My family have received CoPR based on PNP. I am the main applicant. We are planning to land in late May. Our first port of entry will be Toronto.

I plan to visit Toronto with my family for 3-4 days, and after my family will travel back to our home country, while I will fly to my PNP destination (I will have my tickets to my province).

Is it OK to land this way? Will we face any problems at the border if an officer learns that we will stay in Toronto for several days and my family will not visit the province at first stage?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Please help me. My family have received CoPR based on PNP. I am the main applicant. We are planning to land in late May. Our first port of entry will be Toronto.

I plan to visit Toronto with my family for 3-4 days, and after my family will travel back to our home country, while I will fly to my PNP destination (I will have my tickets to my province).

Is it OK to land this way? Will we face any problems at the border if an officer learns that we will stay in Toronto for several days and my family will not visit the province at first stage?
Should be fine as ling as you can fly due to covid.

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hello All, Can approved PRs having COPR can do first time landing in canada after this travel ban?

Reactions: RECH

RECH

Feb 3, 2020
Hi,

I heard that first landing should be done in ur nominated province only.Just make it sure before u fly.

RECH

Feb 3, 2020
Hello All, Can approved PRs having COPR can do first time landing in canada after this travel ban?
It is discussed widely that CopR s also cant land now.But please make sure. It is said in the cic website..

MapGia

Feb 24, 2016
Should have no problem assume you can fly in, and you probably can only go to Toronto first anyway, because they restrict the numbers of airport that international flights can land.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should have no problem assume you can fly in, and you probably can only go to Toronto first anyway, because they restrict the numbers of airport that international flights can land.
OP said it's not related to coronavirus. Besides, Vancouver is also possible.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

So ignoring the challenges for now presented by COVID the usual advice for PNP applicants is that if they land in a different province as first POE then they should be prepared to show they have onward travel or as in your case if doing a soft landing return tickets for the rest of family. There is no way to predict whether will be asked to show onward travel or not but should be prepared to do so.

aflatun

Aug 27, 2015
So ignoring the challenges for now presented by COVID the usual advice for PNP applicants is that if they land in a different province as first POE then they should be prepared to show they have onward travel or as in your case if doing a soft landing return tickets for the rest of family. There is no way to predict whether will be asked to show onward travel or not but should be prepared to do so.
According to my plan, I will fly to my PNP destination in 4 days after we land in Toronto (I will be ready to present my appropriate ticket). The only problem is that my family will not travel to the PNP destination at that moment and will be travelling back to home country instead ( appropriate tickets back to home also will be ready for presentation).

Is there any single official source where i can learn if this plan is acceptable or not?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
According to my plan, I will fly to my PNP destination in 4 days after we land in Toronto (I will be ready to present my appropriate ticket). The only problem is that my family will not travel to the PNP destination at that moment and will be travelling back to home country instead ( appropriate tickets back to home also will be ready for presentation).

Is there any single official source where i can learn if this plan is acceptable or not?
You can't leave Toronto in 4 days. You would be required to self isolate for 14 days in Toronto.

In any case this is a bad time for travel and quite a big risk. And much bigger risk for your family as they will travel twice in short time.

IRCC most likely will extend COPR. Please think this through whether you want to take this risk at this time. Also, jobs would be scarce at the moment. Not relevant if you already have one. But moving is stressful enough in best of times. At this time it has a lot of additional challenges. It's better to stay home and stay safe.