+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"A professional degree needed to practice a licensed profession" - help

HIRA.AHMED

Mar 31, 2017
I've asked in a separate thread about the interpretation of 'a professional degree needed to practice a licensed profession'. I have a law degree and I interpreted this phrase as encapsulating a law degree.

Others seem to think that because it is a foreign law degree, and I can't automatically practise law in Canada with that, it doesn't count.

Any lawyers/accountants etc have any thoughts on this? I need to know what to select in the qualifications section of my EE entry.

Thanks
Can you guide me how you provided proof of work experience? As I am working with a senior lawyer but vl that count as self employed or employed by a company. Most chambers also don't have a letter head vd a logo.

aarif001

Oct 20, 2018
Hlo...i have completed 2 years of my LLb from bikaner university(maharaja ganga singh uni) for which uni have given me d degree of bachelor of laws(Academic) And after completion of final or 3rd year I would be given degree of bachelor of laws(professional) can anyone pls guide what wes will consider my 2 years academic law degree as?

Inder977

Sep 14, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have professional degree, and license is required for working in my profession. i have read that if i have ECA as professional degree then work experience should also be of same profession if i am claiming CRS points for professional degree. If i am claiming CRS points as simply bachelor's degree and ECA from WES, then there is no need to have work experience in same profession.
1. Thus, can i apply in any other job experience with ECA as professional degree? Or i should have work experience of same profession?

Meher1

Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have professional degree, and license is required for working in my profession. i have read that if i have ECA as professional degree then work experience should also be of same profession if i am claiming CRS points for professional degree. If i am claiming CRS points as simply bachelor's degree and ECA from WES, then there is no need to have work experience in same profession.
1. Thus, can i apply in any other job experience with ECA as professional degree? Or i should have work experience of same profession?
I have the same query.. My work experience is not related to my field of study. I have studied Pharmacy. Please update me if you find any information regarding this.

Hadi19

Jan 14, 2020
Hi
I am applying for PR. I have done dentistry from India. While filling the application form I came across a question. "What have you done so far to get this license or certificate? Mark all that apply"
I have got my license from India but need to study in Canada to get license. Can you guys suggest me which will be the best answer.
Thank you
Hi , I have the same situation and I believe by this time you have your PR now hopefully. Please guide me how did you apply for the process. Thank you

Apr 12, 2020
I don't believe it is correct though. I am a lawyer, I needed to study law to become a lawyer (as it is a licensed profession). Why is this not classified as a degree which is required for a licensed profession.

CIC website states that they only accept certain degrees as licensed professions (law is one - please see a few posts above).

On the basis of this, I think ECA have this wrong. Does anyone else agree?

Hi ! and I am a couple of years late posting here - Is there any final understanding on this? As I am Licensed Lawyer too but do not have a degree, rather obtained the professional qualification (3 years academic and 1 year Apprenticing) Any advise anyone?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ok, I have bachelor's degree (4 years) and PG Diploma is for 1 year
Will my education come under "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years " in the CRS score calculator?
What does your ECA state for both. If at least 3 year and one year, you can count 2 or more.

JVimalSwaroop

Mar 21, 2024
What does your ECA state for both. If at least 3 year and one year, you can count 2 or more.
I have not started the process, I am checking my eligibility, if I get a PG Diploma, there is a chance of getting 30+more points, so I am planning to do a PGD in Computer Science related Domain.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have not started the process, I am checking my eligibility, if I get a PG Diploma, there is a chance of getting 30+more points, so I am planning to do a PGD in Computer Science related Domain.
Ok. Can’t tell you until ECA for degree and diploma is completed. Are you studying in Canada? Then PG will be one year, no ECA required.