+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A month ago I started to work on PostGradWorkPermit so I need help to understand

josep

Dec 14, 2014
I started to work a month ago under post grad work permit, in the oilfields Alberta! so it means that after a year of working in this skilled job
I won't be able to apply under Canadian work experience anymore? now we have to go thru the raffle of the Express Entry, what will in my case need to do after January next year? thanks guys!!! or should I quit my current job and look for any employer that is willing to hire me again and give me a new job offer? this is confusing me... thanks guys!!!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Express entry is not purely a lottery. It picks people with the most amount of points

If you are eligible under the old system (straight up CEC/FSW/FST/PNP), you should still be eligible to get into the pool now. You just need to apply in a different way, and have to fight for a ITA against others in the point system.

If your jobs is NOC 0,A,B, you should be able to get into the pool under CEC.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
If you are eligible under the old system (straight up CEC/FSW/FST/PNP), you should still be eligible to get into the pool now. You just need to apply in a different way, and have to fight for a ITA against others in the point system.

Well, lets put it this way, if you have 1 year of Canadian work experience almost always your score will be higher than those of applying from outside Canada. That is just how the scoring has been done. Only people with absolute higher score is LMIA workers and PNP Holders.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
praneet87 said:

Well, lets put it this way, if you have 1 year of Canadian work experience almost always your score will be higher than those of applying from outside Canada. That is just how the scoring has been done. Only people with absolute higher score is LMIA workers and PNP Holders.
Canadian experiences is being credited over overseas experiences, for sure. That's a bright way of looking at it. But, still, the competition is real, and we don't know how bad that would be. For now just be patient, wait and see.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
Canadian experiences is being credited over overseas experiences, for sure. That's a bright way of looking at it. But, still, the competition is real, and we don't know how bad that would be. For now just be patient, wait and see.
Well at first I was kinda annoyed too. Look at my previous posts lol. But if you think about it and do some observation, the way EE is designed is that if you would have gotten a PR with the old system you most likely will get it now too. Good IELTS is rewarded, unlike before where you met the bare minimum. Look at that other thread where people have posted their scores. Only CEC applicants / PGWP holders have score above 450-460. Rest all are in the between 380-450. The score at which they will pick is dependent on the number of Applicants + median score; with the CEC scores always being in the 90+ percentile. If its a common pool and they plan of giving PRs to FSW without LMIAs then they have to pick scores less then 450, which means anyone above 450 i.e CEC applicants will always get picked.

Its a slow day at work lol.