+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Cat... and.. What to say when crossing the boarder for IN Canada PR?

shayleia

Jun 28, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've been filling out the paperwork for the PR IN Canada. My husband is an American who will be crossing the boarder
to live with me while the paperwork is being filled out. I have a bunch of questions and unfortunately a government immigration office was only helpful in trying to get me into a pyramid scheme. Needless to say, I could use some advice.

First off, what does he say to the boarder when crossing into Canada? We don't want to lie but should we say he is coming to stay with me while the PR is being approved? Or just say he is visiting for a few months?

Second question, he has a cat and will be bringing it will him. He has all the correct paperwork but I'm worried that seeing the cat with a bunch of his stuff may make the boarder officers question intent. I was thinking of going to MI the week before and bringing the cat with me. Any thoughts?

Thirdly, I've been unemployed for 2 years while trying to get my business off the ground. I've been unsuccessful
and have no income to show for the past 3 years. (Was a student for 5 years before that.) I have a full time job now but I've only had it for 3 months. Is that going to cause this to be denied for the spousal support? I've never been on unemployment or any social assistance.

Last question, for now. :p When we get friends and family to write any sort of explanation for your relationship, do we need it to be notarized or is there a specific format?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Shay