+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

$75 Refund - no explanation given

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm currently being sponsored by my wife and earlier today she received an email that with regard to our application, a refund amounting to $75 has been "initiated." There wasn't much other info given so we don't know what the refund is for.

She paid $490 on my behalf for RPRF last September. It's not related to that, is it? Any ideas? Anyone else who has experienced getting a refund like this?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
philgoodhusband said:
I'm currently being sponsored by my wife and earlier today she received an email that with regard to our application, a refund amounting to $75 has been "initiated." There wasn't much other info given so we don't know what the refund is for.

She paid $490 on my behalf for RPRF last September. It's not related to that, is it? Any ideas? Anyone else who has experienced getting a refund like this?
How much did you pay as sponsorship fee + application fee? You probably paid in excess. For one applicant, the total is $1040

*Mandie*

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My guess would be that in the initial payment, she paid the $550 "Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant" fee instead of the $475 "Principal applicant" fee.

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
My guess would be that in the initial payment, she paid the $550 "Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant" fee instead of the $475 "Principal applicant" fee.
Know what, that's exactly it. She says she now remembers realizing she'd overpaid right after she'd completed the transaction, figuring she'll get a refund eventually. Thanks!