+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7 months waiting for trp

Donna s

May 6, 2021
I have been waiting 7 months to get a temporary residence permit and return to Canada with our son ,my husband is Canadian my previous trp became invalid when I had to return to the UK when my mother became sick and she passed away in Feb 21 I immediately reapplied and still waiting I have been informed that I have to have an in person interview 3 times but still date my family is so heartbroken and suffering so bad I am on trp to minor conviction 6 years ago and I have applied for rehabilitation however I still need trp as it's a long process anyone know what I can not getting any response from email thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have been waiting 7 months to get a temporary residence permit and return to Canada with our son ,my husband is Canadian my previous trp became invalid when I had to return to the UK when my mother became sick and she passed away in Feb 21 I immediately reapplied and still waiting I have been informed that I have to have an in person interview 3 times but still date my family is so heartbroken and suffering so bad I am on trp to minor conviction 6 years ago and I have applied for rehabilitation however I still need trp as it's a long process anyone know what I can not getting any response from email thanks in advance
Based on experiences on this forum, TRPs are usually taking 8-10 months to process these days. However your case sounds a bit unusual since they have requested an interview. When an interview is required, it usually means the process will take longer.

Unfortunately it's very difficult to say how much longer you will be waiting.

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Based on experiences on this forum, TRPs are usually taking 8-10 months to process these days. However your case sounds a bit unusual since they have requested an interview. When an interview is required, it usually means the process will take longer.

@scylla I am wondering for someone who applied for TRP since July 2020 while PR application under CEC class ongoing. I haven't heard anything back in regards to my trp but they keep asking me for additional documents for PR and they're processing it. Now I'm inland and out of status with also pending trp. Am i in implied status as they haven't responded to my trp and can my PR be finalized/approved without trp being looked at?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla I am wondering for someone who applied for TRP since July 2020 while PR application under CEC class ongoing. I haven't heard anything back in regards to my trp but they keep asking me for additional documents for PR and they're processing it. Now I'm inland and out of status with also pending trp. Am i in implied status as they haven't responded to my trp and can my PR be finalized/approved without trp being looked at?
Your situation is quite complicated. I can't answer your question. I would recommend that you get a consult with a good immigration lawyer.

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Your situation is quite complicated. I can't answer your question. I would recommend that you get a consult with a good immigration lawyer.
It is in fact an immigration lawyer who advised me to apply for a trp a year ago and state that i couldn't even leave Canada even if I wanted to due to covid and travelling restrictions and to ask ircc officer to exempt me from any additional requirements under the Act of Regulations as a previous officer denied my PR due to an error in fact and law made by them. I took them to federal court and my application was reopened and still being processed by a new officer but lost status which pretty much boils down from that error and refusal made by previous officer.

Donna s

May 6, 2021

I know that it's not usual for interview in a trp application how ever I am married to Canadian citizen and have a son so maybe looking for clarification on that I'm also in the time frame for rehabilitation so maybe that's a point too at seven months hopefully won't be much longer .Thank you for your reply so kind

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is in fact an immigration lawyer who advised me to apply for a trp a year ago and state that i couldn't even leave Canada even if I wanted to due to covid and travelling restrictions and to ask ircc officer to exempt me from any additional requirements under the Act of Regulations as a previous officer denied my PR due to an error in fact and law made by them. I took them to federal court and my application was reopened and still being processed by a new officer but lost status which pretty much boils down from that error and refusal made by previous officer.
Sounds like you're doing everything you can be in that case. Good luck.

Reactions: User2323

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Sounds like you're doing everything you can be in that case. Good luck.
Yes, indeed. I am doing everything in my power and eveything that's asked of me, considering the error caused by the previous officer cost me my PR as I applied since Feb 2019 according to timelines back then should've had it latest by October 2019. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Donna s

May 6, 2021