[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
Hi guys,

For those that have landed with Immigrant visa to CA and became PR on initial entry. Would like to ask for your experiences and valuable opinions.

From what i have read through and searched on our ever-informative internet with the help of Mr. Google. Canada does not have this 6 month pp validity rule eversince and i hope it won't change anytime soon.

My current concern is, we already got our visas stamped on our current passports (FSW2014). We plan to land in CA come next year April 2016. PP and Visa expiry will be on Aug 2016 and June 2016 respectively. There is this option of renewing my passport, but since we are currently staying in Singapore and I am a Philippine Citizen, embassy here takes 2-3months TAT for its release. Upon making an appointment with the embassy for the said renewal. Earliest time available is already late December 2015. I will most probably have the new pp on hand by March 2016 the most. Since we are leaving back Phils. in March as well and fly to CA for the initial landing in April 2016. I'm afraid the new pp will not be on time. With these in mind, we have opted to asked embassy to extend our pp for another 2years. We also don't want the inconvenience of having to bring along 2 pp's (the new 1 & cancelled 1 with visa stamped).

Just a concern is that, if ever CA will honor the pp extension. But since CA does not have the 6month rule, were still in good hands i guess.

Will these be any concerns during our landing?

Hope you guys can enlighten.. Thanks a lot ;D

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assume you would not go anywhere except the Philippines and Canada next March/April 2016, can't you renew your passport and get new pp in Toronto or Vancouver, Canada after your initial landing?

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
steaky said:
Assume you would not go anywhere except the Philippines and Canada next March/April 2016, can't you renew your passport and get new pp in Toronto or Vancouver, Canada after your initial landing?
Thanks for the attention and response steaky..

Yes, that is correct. After we finalized everything here in Singapore. Only going back to Philippines then on the way to Canada thereafter. Since our passports can be extended to a max of another 2years from it's expiry date, i have opted to go for this. And will eventually renew my pp there in Canada after becoming PR.

I am also looking for the other option of renewing my passport. Wondering how those landed immigrants went through, having to bring 2 passports, since the Visa is at the cancelled pp..

Thanks guys..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dmac11 said:
Thanks for the attention and response steaky..

Yes, that is correct. After we finalized everything here in Singapore. Only going back to Philippines then on the way to Canada thereafter. Since our passports can be extended to a max of another 2years from it's expiry date, i have opted to go for this. And will eventually renew my pp there in Canada after becoming PR.

I am also looking for the other option of renewing my passport. Wondering how those landed immigrants went through, having to bring 2 passports, since the Visa is at the cancelled pp..

Thanks guys..
In this case, you don't have to extend or renew your pp until you have complete your landing formality in Canada next April 2016. You can apply and renew your passport either in Vancouver or Toronto.

If you go what I suggested, you don't need to worry about whether Canada honors your extended pp or bringing 2 passports.

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
steaky said:
In this case, you don't have to extend or renew your pp until you have complete your landing formality in Canada next April 2016. You can apply and renew your passport either in Vancouver or Toronto.

If you go what I suggested, you don't need to worry about whether Canada honors your extended pp or bringing 2 passports.
Thanks a ton Steaky for your kind clarification. This is what i wanted to know.

Great thanks again! ;)

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your visa is issued on 09 July 2015 & your are planning to Land in Spring 2016 . is this possible ?

kgino

Aug 11, 2015
UAE and Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 Federal
AOR Received.
21-07-2015 Federal
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2015
I have the same concern. Our visas will expire on the same day as my son's PP expiry date (aug 2016). I will be applying for PP extension because our immigration consultant STRONGLY advised NOT to renew the PP as the details on our COPR and visa is printed in our current PP. According to them, we MAY face problems at the border.

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
imran364 said:
your visa is issued on 09 July 2015 & your are planning to Land in Spring 2016 . is this possible ?
Hi imran,

yes, i presume "Spring time" will be at the month starting May-April 2016. So will still be within the validity of the visa.

Cheers ;)

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kgino said:
I have the same concern. Our visas will expire on the same day as my son's PP expiry date (aug 2016). I will be applying for PP extension because our immigration consultant STRONGLY advised NOT to renew the PP as the details on our COPR and visa is printed in our current PP. According to them, we MAY face problems at the border.
Hi kgino,

We have done so, we asked embassy to extend the PP instead of renewing. Will be landing this coming May, and renew the pp once we're there.

God bless

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
I think the concern would be more on the immigration in the Philippines. There was a time when my friend going to Hong Kong was not allowed to board because passport is less than 6 months validity.

Since we are still Filipinos, Philippine immigration requires that when we travel, the passport validity is more than 6 months to prevent issues such as the validity of stay abroad is longer than the validity of the passport.

My best bet is to check with the Philippine immigration. If you are in Singapore and going to Canada directly, that wont be a problem but if you are in Manila and going to Canada, that might be a problem. Anyway just check just to be sure. I sure hope I am wrong.

Also a Filipino here by the way.

kgino

Aug 11, 2015
UAE and Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 Federal
AOR Received.
21-07-2015 Federal
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2015
dmac11 said:
Hi kgino,

We have done so, we asked embassy to extend the PP instead of renewing. Will be landing this coming May, and renew the pp once we're there.

God bless
Hi, dmac11. We will be landing this May as well.

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dublinfunk said:
I think the concern would be more on the immigration in the Philippines. There was a time when my friend going to Hong Kong was not allowed to board because passport is less than 6 months validity.

Since we are still Filipinos, Philippine immigration requires that when we travel, the passport validity is more than 6 months to prevent issues such as the validity of stay abroad is longer than the validity of the passport.

My best bet is to check with the Philippine immigration. If you are in Singapore and going to Canada directly, that wont be a problem but if you are in Manila and going to Canada, that might be a problem. Anyway just check just to be sure. I sure hope I am wrong.

Also a Filipino here by the way.
Thanks, we'll try to do that.

kgino said:
Hi, dmac11. We will be landing this May as well.
Hi kgino,

when kayo sa May magland and where? First week May kami to Alberta. So, napa extend nyo na ba pp nyo just to accomodate the 6month validity upon traveL, manggaling din ba kayo sa Pinas to CA?

All the best ;)