+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 years gap in studies but have relevant experience in the same field

Amena123

Nov 28, 2013
I have completed my 12th standard in 2008 & since then i have been working as an HR.
Would like to apply for 1 year diploma programme in Human Resource Management. Can anyone pls tell me,will i be getting a VISA for the same ?

Please let me know the possibilities

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
Amena123 said:
I have completed my 12th standard in 2008 & since then i have been working as an HR.
Would like to apply for 1 year diploma programme in Human Resource Management. Can anyone pls tell me,will i be getting a VISA for the same ?

Amena123: I think you will get a response if you post in the International Students section. BTW, I don't see any obstacles in getting your visa. However, if I were you, I would have opted for a degree.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amena123 said:

Hi Amena123. I tried to respond to your PM but your inbox is full, hence, i am posting my reply here.

I really cannot tell you about your chances because it is a combination of many things that will decide your chances - your course selection, your finances, your background etc etc but, I can try and give you my 2 cents worth of advice.

1) Is this a degree or masters program? Your course selection has to be something which moves you to a higher course. If you already have a graduation in HR ( I dont understand what "intermediate" means) then doing another graduation degree might not be acceptable. If you dont have any degree/ diploma then it could be even tougher.

2) Gap in studies is NEVER an issue. I did my masters after 5 years of engineering and they did not create any issues with my application.

I believe that any country would like to only allow +ve immigration to those people that they think will contribute positively to their work force. Do you think that HR professionals are a requirement here in Canada? What does your analysis/research say?

I dont get think that there are too many jobs for HR professionals here. Now, if my research is right then they could potentially cause issues for you even if all your other paperwork/documents are fine -- this is where "we think you will not leave Canada after your studies" comes in. In all honesty, they are aware that most of people that come in to study are not going to leave - and, as long as the people that come in are the ones that are needed by the country to strengthen their work force, they are fine by it, and I think thats fair.. I believe that its the people that work in jobs that the country doesnt need who have problems in getting their visa.

so you have to do your research to see where do you belong.

Can I make a suggestion? Have you thought of doing MBA and in MBA you can specialize in HR. Also when you are here doing your MBA you can do your CHRP but I believe doing your MBA will give you a better edge than doing a graduate degree.