+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3999E - IMMIGRANT'S GUIDE QUESTION

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS

"If you have lived in one of the countries listed below, you will need additional forms before applying for
immigration
. If you do not have the forms, ask your sponsor to obtain them from our Call Centre and send
them to you.

Afghanistan /Honduras /Thailand /Costa Rica /Hong Kong / Ukraine /Fiji /Poland /Venezuela /French /Polynesia /Singapore /Argentina /Russia /South Korea/Sri Lanka"

Q. We lived in South Korea between 2002-2004. My wife worked and I stayed with her and worked on my university studies. I know I need PPC for South Korea and I learned that I can obtain CHIR from Korean consulate for the duration I lived in South Korea. My concern is if there is anything else to obtain as it states that I need additional forms. If yes, any idea if they are available online ?

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
For reasons best known to CIC, these additional forms are not available online from their website. And for legal reasons, no other entity /third party would have such forms available on its website.

You must do as they say - that is have your wife call CIC to order the additional security forms pertaining to South Korea, to be sent to her address in Canada. CIC can only mail these forms to an address in Canada.

chelidio said:
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS

"If you have lived in one of the countries listed below, you will need additional forms before applying for
immigration
. If you do not have the forms, ask your sponsor to obtain them from our Call Centre and send
them to you.

Afghanistan /Honduras /Thailand /Costa Rica /Hong Kong / Ukraine /Fiji /Poland /Venezuela /French /Polynesia /Singapore /Argentina /Russia /South Korea/Sri Lanka"

Q. We lived in South Korea between 2002-2004. My wife worked and I stayed with her and worked on my university studies. I know I need PPC for South Korea and I learned that I can obtain CHIR from Korean consulate for the duration I lived in South Korea. My concern is if there is anything else to obtain as it states that I need additional forms. If yes, any idea if they are available online ?

atos

Aug 1, 2007
Hi
I lived in Seoul for 4 years, but I never mentioned in my application form that I live there. I did not have any problem getting PR in Canada. Now I am in canada.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
atos said:
Hi
I lived in Seoul for 4 years, but I never mentioned in my application form that I live there. I did not have any problem getting PR in Canada. Now I am in canada.
I doubt whether Chelidio can afford to mislead CIC since according to him:

I stayed . . . and worked on my university studies.
This means that when he completes his Background Declaration form, he has to provide the name of the university where he completed his studies and for how long plus his university diploma from the South Korean university.

Moreso, in Chelidio's good conscience, he would have to sign the declaration attesting among other things that "[he] understands that any false statements or concealments of a material fact may result in my exclusion from Canada and may be grounds for my prosecution or removal."

An applicant may choose to conceal a material fact in order to avoid the rigorous processes involved in making such material fact known from the very beginning. It is not worth it to take such a chance because no one knows what the future holds, and if found out, the applicant will still be removed to include possible revokation of citizenship or imprisonment.

A case in point will be the German-born Naturalized U.S. citizens who have had their citizenship revoked by the U.S. government or sent to prison after so many years, for having taken part in past activities that were dehumanizing. Some of these men were found out when they were in their eighties.

Or, would you still advise Chelidio to do otherwise? Anyway, Chelidio knows the answer to that.

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Well thank you for the information Libra,

I do not intent to give any false information. As Well, I have huge stamp of Korean F-3 (Resident Visa) on my passport. I don't think Canadian Officers will miss that. However, I didn't study in a Korean Univesity there. I was was enrolled in a distant program from a Turkish University at the time. I just accompanied my wife who was working there, spending most of my time studying for my courses at home and visiting the Korean places and hanging out with people I met there.

Will do this as CIC wants of course. But I am wondering if anyone knows what these documents are about except Police Clearance? I mean if I knew that I needed other things than CHIR from Korean Embassy, I could try to obtain those, which could save some time.