+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

37y/o, wants to immigrate to canada through study, Need advise

sjrohit123

Apr 24, 2019
Hello,

I have a friend - Female, she is 37 year old, single and wants to immigrate to canada. In this age, I think the best chance for her would be to immigrate through any study+PGWP program.

She has 15+ years of gap in her studies, as she graduated in year 2005. Plus she has not been working as well. She only has about 2 years of experience in hospitality, where she worked in airlines as a ground staff.

She is interested in applying for Early Child hood education or Hospitality management program.

Most of the schools she spoke to in canada have rejected her application due to study gap and lack of work experience. I know her chances are very thin, but is there any institute who would consider her? Any thoughts?

thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Given her age, even she gets accepted to a program getting an approved study permit will be a challenge. What is her degree or diploma in? any post graduate program she takes must be an extension of her past education. Starting a “new career path” in Canada doesn’t make sense to visa officers.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Have studied with int students older than that but you have to take into account the whole situation, no long term job, changing fields etc might prove too much to get study permit. Also depends on country, some are more scrutinized than others.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have a friend - Female, she is 37 year old, single and wants to immigrate to canada. In this age, I think the best chance for her would be to immigrate through any study+PGWP program.

She has 15+ years of gap in her studies, as she graduated in year 2005. Plus she has not been working as well. She only has about 2 years of experience in hospitality, where she worked in airlines as a ground staff.

She is interested in applying for Early Child hood education or Hospitality management program.

Most of the schools she spoke to in canada have rejected her application due to study gap and lack of work experience. I know her chances are very thin, but is there any institute who would consider her? Any thoughts?

thanks!
She should be aiming to be accepted for a Master's program to Canada if her aim is to become a PR. Given her age, I don't think a PGD will get her there.

If she cannot get into a Master's program in Canada, then I'm not sure her plans are realistic unfortunately.

Reactions: Naturgrl