+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

36-day mail-in transit visa application to Canadian consulate in NYC on Mar 23

gwy

Apr 25, 2011
Hi guys,

I mailed my transit visa to Canadian consulate in NYC on Mar 23. Up to now, I still have not received my passport back. I got an email reply today morning saying that my application has not been finalized. I am so furious at such long time processing. Plus, I sent them a prepaid Fedex envelope and they say they only return my files with USPS. I do not know how long it takes for regular mail to reach my home florida, but certainly I expect at least one week. I am thinking about flying to NYC next week to get my passport back since my flight is on 10 May.
Moreover, they said they will contact me once my application has been finalized. Do they seriously mean that? I do not want to get into the situation where when I get to NYC, they have already sent my passport back with regular mail. Plus, anyone knows if we can get our passport back if walk in the consulate?

Thanks guys, if any of you has any updated information, please share with us.

gwy

Apr 25, 2011
Just let you guys know that I have received my passport with VISA on May 2nd . 41 days including weekends and holidays

elisha

May 5, 2011
I received my passports (myself and my family) in 10 working days with Visas stamped. I dont exactly know how do they pick and process applications.
After I reviewed the posts here, I got little worried and I almost prepared to cancel my tickets booked for India for May 17th.
I think, my prayers are answered and I got my passports today.

Good luck for those who are waiting for their passports.

- Elisha

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
gwy said:
Just let you guys know that I have received my passport with VISA on May 2nd . 41 days including weekends and holidays
hey gwy i just had a quick question for you....i sent my application on april 4th to fort erie for trv via expresspost and as of this date (43days) i have not received anything so far. I was wondering if you could tell me how you sent your application? via expresspost or regular mail? thanks

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
i applied on april 4 and received it today....may 20......ridiculous....i have 10 more days of vacation left and i took this off for my vacation