+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

$30,000 worth of Nigerian Government scholarship, enough to proof fund?

jerrywool

May 12, 2013
Please I need your advice.
I am qualified for a Nigerian Government Scholarship (NDDC) worth $30,000. I am expecting my offer letter from University of Alberta this month (for a 1 year taught masters degree program).
Do you think the scholarship offer will be a sufficient proof of available fund as my estimate of cost is a little above $30,000.

total tuition fees: $16,830
living expense : $10,000
I have a family friend who lives near the university, in Edmonton.

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
jerrywool said:
I am qualified for a Nigerian Government Scholarship (NDDC) worth $30,000. I am expecting my offer letter from University of Alberta this month (for a 1 year taught masters degree program).
Do you think the scholarship offer will be a sufficient proof of available fund as my estimate of cost is a little above $30,000.

Do you mean for canada immigration? I don't think the money will suffice as I don't the money will really be available to you to use as you wish except for the sole purpose of study even the living expenses may not be given to you in one instalment. That's my understanding of scholarships but I don't know how this particular one works.
All the Best!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerrywool said:

I don't think so - since scholarships are not guaranteed $ - it could be taken away.

They're looking for actual $ in your bank account