+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd H1B stamping, after used AVR rule

avruser

Dec 1, 2018
Hi,

I am on H1B visa in USA and planning to go to Canada/India for 2nd H1B visa stamping.

Recently I went to Mexico via San Diego border and came back to US in 4-5 hours. That time my visa was already expired but had valid i94 so they allowed me to enter via AVR rule.

Question is, does anyone went for H1B visa stamping after who has used AVR once in past?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi,

I am on H1B visa in USA and planning to go to Canada/India for 2nd H1B visa stamping.

Recently I went to Mexico via San Diego border and came back to US in 4-5 hours. That time my visa was already expired but had valid i94 so they allowed me to enter via AVR rule.

Question is, does anyone went for H1B visa stamping after who has used AVR once in past?
It makes no difference.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

avruser

Dec 1, 2018
Thanks for your response !!
So using AVR won't harm anything on next stamping in home country? Is that correct?

Have you used AVR in the past and went for Stamping after that ?

Bill922

Nov 26, 2018
Hi,

Wow lucky guy. I have the same issue. But still worried about the rejection to re-enter at the border because of expired stamp (though still valid I-94)

I am not sure if my understanding to the link below is right. Feel free to correct me.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html

Two requirements :
1) F and J visa to Canada, Mexico, or adjacent island for 30 days or less
2) Valid admission stamp or valid I-94

Your case is
1) H1B visa
2) valid I-94.

Not sure if both requirements should be met....

candachalo

Feb 10, 2018
Hello All,

Has anyone recently entered US via land border using AVR ? Are there any restrictions or because of COVID19 ?
Any information would be of great help.

Thank you

Last edited: