+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd entry in Canada after old passport lost

humsafaar

Oct 26, 2007
Hi,
I landed at Toronto Airport on July/2005. I done job for 5 months over there on my SIN card. Then I stay at my brother's home and I was not doing any job. Just doing self studying and looked after brother's home and his kids and was giving tuition them. As I was staying at his home, so there is no bills on my names. All bills with the name of my brother.

April/2007 months I back I come to my homeland. During this stay I lost my passport when I was going to apply for Dubai Visit Visa. But I have PR card.

I have already applied for my new passport now.

I have following questions:

1. As I had visa & immigration stamp on my old passport. On new passport I don't have any stamp. So when I landed in Canada now, if I told I return back after 6 months, then how can I prove I stay there 22 months in Canada? and What type of problem I can face it?

2. Rightnow my brother moved in Calgury. Can I landed in Calgary directly instead of Toronto?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
1. The visa stamp was only good for 1 entry. It won't matter that you don't have it in your replacement passport.

I suggest you keep your travel documents - tickets, especially. And anything else that proves where you were living. Like pay stubs from where you were working. The problem you face is not being able to prove that you were resident in Canada. So that could keep you from being eligible for citizenship, or you could even lose permanent resident status. So keep good records!

2. Since you are already a landed PR, you can go anywhere you want.