+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Biometric request

SaqibAli780

Apr 23, 2024
Dear All,

I got SINP nomination via Employment Offer category. And based on this SINP nomination, I applied for work-permit (on CIC portal) and PR (on non-express entry portal).
I applied for work-permit and PR simultaneously. Then I got biometric and medical request for work-permit application. And after completing both these requests and I got my work permit approved.

Now 3 months after the approval of my work permit, I got "Receipt of Acknowledgment" of PR application. And IRCC ask for 2 things. One to link the PR application to CIC portal and second to give biometric. After I linked the PR application to CIC portal, I noticed in the summary status messages, it's showing the "medical is passed" and "biometric not required and they will message me if biometric required" (even the biometric number and expiry date is showing in the PR application's candidate information).

Any one who went through same situation, Please share their experience. Do I need to give biometric again ?

Thanks in advance.

Saqib.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear All,

I got SINP nomination via Employment Offer category. And based on this SINP nomination, I applied for work-permit (on CIC portal) and PR (on non-express entry portal).
I applied for work-permit and PR simultaneously. Then I got biometric and medical request for work-permit application. And after completing both these requests and I got my work permit approved.

Now 3 months after the approval of my work permit, I got "Receipt of Acknowledgment" of PR application. And IRCC ask for 2 things. One to link the PR application to CIC portal and second to give biometric. After I linked the PR application to CIC portal, I noticed in the summary status messages, it's showing the "medical is passed" and "biometric not required and they will message me if biometric required" (even the biometric number and expiry date is showing in the PR application's candidate information).

Any one who went through same situation, Please share their experience. Do I need to give biometric again ?

Thanks in advance.

Saqib.
PR applications always require new biometrics. The messages in the portal are notoriously inaccurate (and note: they have ALREADY required biometric from you, by the other direct message).

Yes, it may seem silly as you gave biometrics quite recently. Still required.