+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[26M] I have a work permit for Canada but my GF don't [23f]

owlietenil2

Jul 1, 2020
Hello,
I (26m french) will have a work permit for Canada next summer (in 2022) but my GF don't (Russian and no transferable degree). What are our options for her moving in with me and possibly obtaining a PR ?
We are not married and have been living back and forth these past 5 years (1 month every year).
I know it's a tricky situation, but I can't see myself moving out without her.
Any tip/info would be great.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure how she can get PR on your work permit. What work permit are you on? You need to be married or common law (one year continuously living together) that you can prove (rental agreeements, utitilities, bills, loans etc).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I (26m french) will have a work permit for Canada next summer (in 2022) but my GF don't (Russian and no transferable degree). What are our options for her moving in with me and possibly obtaining a PR ?
We are not married and have been living back and forth these past 5 years (1 month every year).
There are no options at this time for your GF to come with you since you are not married and not common law.

I'm assuming you are coming to Canada on an IEC/ Working Holiday Visa (or maybe a PGWP?). If so, the only option I see is for you to get married. Once you arrive in Canada and secure a NOC A, B or 0 job (i.e. skilled job), she will qualify to apply for an open work permit based on being married to you. That's really the only option. You should note that the open work permit is not guaranteed to be approved.

Reactions: Naturgrl

owlietenil2

Jul 1, 2020
Hello,
I (26m french) will have a work permit for Canada next summer (in 2022) but my GF don't (Russian and no transferable degree). What are our options for her moving in with me and possibly obta 192.168.0.1 ining a PR ?
We are not married and hav router login e been living back and forth these past 5 years (1 month every year).
issue got solved!!