+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 Timeline without Biometrics.

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello,

I moved to Canada under IEC, on October 28th 2018.
I got a class A job as a Software Developer, and started work December 4th 2018.
I was sadly laid off from my job, and luckily, my last day was December 5th 2019.
After the Christmas, I applied for my English language exam, and Academic credentials to be assessed.
I received my CELPIP results on February 6th 2020.
I have just received my Academic credentials report March 26th 2020.
On the same day, I have completed the application to enter the PR pool.
My application indicates that everything is in order, and I have 476 points.
It is likely I will be selected in the next draw or so.
On researching the biometrics requirement, I saw that all biometrics has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
However, the deadline to obtain the biometrics, after they are requested, is now 90 days.
If invited to apply, I will do so immediately.
However, it looks like I will also have 90 days to complete my PR application.
After I finish that, I will have 90 days to get my biometrics done.
If I accept my invitation to apply, I will likely be able to provide all documents within a month.
The timing of that would put a request for biometrics for around May.
That would mean I have 90 days from May, putting the deadline for those biometrics in August.
I am unsure what to do here, more so about the end of my 2 Year IEC. That will end October 28th 2020.
As, if I manage to get the biometrics during August, how long until the PR is accepted?
I will only have the months of September and October, to hope that my application get approved.
At which case, I would have very little time to apply for a bridging visa.
I imagine, getting the application in and approved by September is possible.
And it is somewhat inevitable that I will get PR.
However, I am about to start a new job in Toronto, and would really like to not inconvenience them by quitting in October.

What would you suggest?
What do you think about the timeline of events?

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi, you might already know the answer but you can apply for an extension on your work permit as you have already applied for the PR. It will be safe if you apply for the extension 2 months before your deadline.

Regarding the biometrics there is no news anywhere but it should be opening soon as IRCC won't be able to put so many applications on hold for so long.