+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2009 PR card , did not meet residency days. PR expired. Advise please

seehashmat

Sep 30, 2019
Respected Members,

I am writing this email to get help with my PR card.

I am working in Qatar at present for government entity since past 5 years.

I was blessed with canada high commission by giving immigration visa in 2009 under skilled migration category. I was single that time. I went to canada and returned in a month to Dubai to continue my work in dubai. I received my social ID and PR card while in canada. I got married in 2009.

However, Due to matrimonial issues leading to divorce in 2016, i could not make to canada as i have legal matrimonial proceedings going back in my country. I moved to Qatar in 2015 from Dubai for better offer.
I am presently working in Qatar since 5 years for a government entity. I did not returned to my country due to fact that i may be held up their due to long delay in matrimonial proceedings.

I got remarried in 2016 and blessed with two childrens born in Qatar , one child of 2 years and another child of 6 months. Now considering my case can you please advise how can i gain / renew my PR status considering that i did not meet the residency days in canada. I want to move to canada and settle permanently.

Your advise will help me in having a better life in canada for my family including my children born here in qatar.

Thank you

yours sincerely
Syed
Qatar
2009 PR holder ( card validity expired)

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
If I understood this correctly, you were in Canada for only a month since 2009. You also do not have any H&C grounds per your story. I think you will need to renounce and apply from scratch.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You could technically try to enter Canada via the US border and not get reported. You would have to stay 2 years before being able to sponsor your wife and children. Unless they are somehow able to obtain TRVs, which is unlikely, you would l8ely be separated for around 3 years. In your case you should look to see if you qualify for PR and then you could renounce and reapply. You also have the option of trying your luck at the border and being separated for a few years.

seehashmat

Sep 30, 2019
Thank you for the replies, i stayed for a month in canada and did not go again.
please advise If i apply and get US visit visa , can i travel to canada from US. if i stay in canada for 2 years . during this time can i still get all the benefits of PR like medical or education. my PR date is alreadry expired. even valid social ID may be required for job or bank account.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
please advise If i apply and get US visit visa , can i travel to canada from US. if i stay in canada for 2 years . during this time can i still get all the benefits of PR like medical or education. my PR date is alreadry expired. even valid social ID may be required for job or bank account.
You can certainly try but there is no guarantee you will no be reported at the border for not meeting your RO. At that point the process to lose your PR will start. You can try to appeal but it doesn’t sound like you have an acceptable reason for not being able to move. It would be hard for anyone to find an acceptable reasons why you couldn’t move during over 10 years. You may have trouble registering for a college or university program without a valid PR card especially as a domestic student. Getting a health card may also be difficult and varies province to province.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
So you stayed in Canada for one month about 10 years ago and never went back. I'd say that the risk of getting reported on re-entry is pretty high. But I suppose you never know.

Bilkish

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
You could technically try to enter Canada via the US border and not get reported. You would have to stay 2 years before being able to sponsor your wife and children. Unless they are somehow able to obtain TRVs, which is unlikely, you would l8ely be separated for around 3 years. In your case you should look to see if you qualify for PR and then you could renounce and reapply. You also have the option of trying your luck at the border and being separated for a few years.
Hi
Did u enter Canada thru USA. Did u get reported?.. Curious to know as my daughter is in same boat like u in qatar.. Plz let me know. She was only for 4 months in Canada in 2010, wants to go back, has daughter also

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Did u enter Canada thru USA. Did u get reported?.. Curious to know as my daughter is in same boat like u in qatar.. Plz let me know. She was only for 4 months in Canada in 2010, wants to go back, has daughter also
Does the daughter have a TRV? If not, one is unlikely to be awarded to her but she can certainly try. If she didn’t get reported she would hav3 to wait to years to sponsor her which means a possible 3 year separation. Does she have a SIN? Health card? She wouldn’t be able to work without a SIN andmay have difficulty getting a valid health card toget health coverage.

Reactions: jddd

Bilkish

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Does the daughter have a TRV? If not, one is unlikely to be awarded to her but she can certainly try. If she didn’t get reported she would hav3 to wait to years to sponsor her which means a possible 3 year separation. Does she have a SIN? Health card? She wouldn’t be able to work without a SIN andmay have difficulty getting a valid health card toget health coverage.
Hi
My daughter will enter Canada thru USA, her daughter has USA visit visa. My daughter has sin card, health card can be renewed after 6 months I guess. What about her daughter education.. Can she get permit to study

Bilkish

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi
My daughter will enter Canada thru USA, her daughter has USA visit visa. My daughter has sin card, health card can be renewed after 6 months I guess. What about her daughter education.. Can she get permit to study
Has any person gone thru USA and stayed 2 years and then Renewed PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
There is no guarantee the granddaughter will be allowed to enter Canada. The daughter may not be able to renew her health card since hers is no longer valid. your grandchild is not entitled to free education but school districts overlook immigration status. The granddaughter should not have access to healthcare but you will have to review the province where they want to live.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
What citizenship does the child have?