+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 years since I applied (no news)

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Well, it's been exactly 2 years since I submitted my self employed visa application. I passed my medical back at the beginning of Feb and have since heard bugger all.

I messaged them to find out what was happening and was "politely" told to bugger off and not to bother them.

My brother is in a bad way out in Vancouver. Long story short: MS, seizures, physical decline, head injury and 7 years of lost memory and here I am stuck in the UK wondering if everyone at the visa office is sitting their playing solitaire instead of doing the paper work...

Frustration is too small a word...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well, it's been exactly 2 years since I submitted my self employed visa application. I passed my medical back at the beginning of Feb and have since heard bugger all.

I messaged them to find out what was happening and was "politely" told to bugger off and not to bother them.

My brother is in a bad way out in Vancouver. Long story short: MS, seizures, physical decline, head injury and 7 years of lost memory and here I am stuck in the UK wondering if everyone at the visa office is sitting their playing solitaire instead of doing the paper work...

Frustration is too small a word...
So sorry. So you have received approval then. Assume you are a UK citizen so can travel to Canada with ETA. The self employment program only accepts a few hundred applications per year.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
So sorry. So you have received approval then. Assume you are a UK citizen so can travel to Canada with ETA. The self employment program only accepts a few hundred applications per year.
I've had my pre-arrival stuff and passed the medical but that's it. Nothing since...

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
I can get out there on an ETA but not knowing how long it's going to take for a PPR or COPR to come in I can't be out there indefinitely with no income or savings...

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
It's extraordinarily frustrating (i tried to add 'extraordinarily) to be stuck there at post-medical pass/ pre-arrival stage.
What is your status shown on GCKey account? Are any of the items pending?

By the way, you will probably skip PPR stage coz UK is a visa-exempt country (as long as you hold a UK passport), so your COPR will be mailed to you directly upon approval. (PPR is for a visa counterfoil to be attached to your passport)
But as it will have to be mailed to you, I don't know if you could just inform IRCC of your new address (in Canada) and have them transfer your application to an inland one? I have no idea how it's gonna work/ whether it's gonna work though.

Reactions: theguv

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Only a few hundred applications per year??? Where did you get this information?

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
It's extraordinarily frustrating (i tried to add 'extraordinarily) to be stuck there at post-medical pass/ pre-arrival stage.
What is your status shown on GCKey account? Are any of the items pending?

By the way, you will probably skip PPR stage coz UK is a visa-exempt country (as long as you hold a UK passport), so your COPR will be mailed to you directly upon approval. (PPR is for a visa counterfoil to be attached to your passport)
But as it will have to be mailed to you, I don't know if you could just inform IRCC of your new address (in Canada) and have them transfer your application to an inland one? I have no idea how it's gonna work/ whether it's gonna work though.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Interesting note about the PPR, thank you. Wasn't sure if that was the case but thought it was...

I can't really afford to relocate without being able to work over there at the moment.

I work in live events which I'm sure you noticed have been utterly devastated over the last 18 months... they're back on again so it's a savings game going forwards...

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Interesting note about the PPR, thank you. Wasn't sure if that was the case but thought it was...

I can't really afford to relocate without being able to work over there at the moment.

I work in live events which I'm sure you noticed have been utterly devastated over the last 18 months... they're back on again so it's a savings game going forwards...
Some said previously (when COPR holders still couldn't land due to the pandemic... travel restrictions) the reason Visa offices were not issuing COPRs is because even if they've received it they can't land.
but now as this restriction has already been lifted, really don't know why it's still stuck...

Last edited:
Reactions: twoFour