+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st landing will be done at PacHwy in Surrey, B.C. - need POF? Photos? Lists?

calismom

Feb 20, 2010
Husband just got approved! Stamped passport returned from Buffalo last Thursday! Yay! Whole process took 4 months exactly, beginning to end. His passport stamp says he must "land" before Sept. 8 - so we bought a ticket yesterday for Seattle (we live in Milwaukee) and he will fly to Seattle and have my parents pick him up and drive him across the border in Blaine. (BTW, I am Canadian by birth, as are our 2 daughters, and we are all planning on moving to Vancouver this October. He's making this trip alone.) My questions: 1. Does he have to have $10000 proof of funds to show? I sponsored him as a spouse. 2. Do we need to get another round of Canadian sized photos done to have when he lands? (for the PR card) 3. How detailed does his list of goods to follow have to be? I suppose they won't accept "everything I own" as an answer... Also- I'm very interested in any experiences anyone has had at either the Peace Arch crossing or the Pacific Hwy truck crossing. Anything you can tell me?
Thanks all!

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
Spousal sponsorships do not require proof of funds and you won't require any more photographs.
The good to follow list should include everything that he intends to bring with him into Canada, but doesn't have to be too detailed. For example, mine listed all my cds as "X amount of CDs approx value $X (filling in the correct amounts). It is better to list too much and bring less than to list too little and then have to pay extra.

calismom

Feb 20, 2010
Thanks for the info! I'm still a little unsure about the P.O.F. - I'm reading some conflicting opinions. Would it be advisable to just call the port of entry and ask them?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

calismom said:
Thanks for the info! I'm still a little unsure about the P.O.F. - I'm reading some conflicting opinions. Would it be advisable to just call the port of entry and ask them?
You can phone, but you are going to get the answer that sponsored Immigrants don't require proof of funds.