+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

14 Days Quarantine in a Single washroom Condo

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
@legalfalcon My Spouse and Son are travelling from India in May 2021. They will, initially stay at the GAA hotel, but post that they will join me.

Is it OK if they quarantine with me in my Condo... I have 2 bedrooms but only 1 washroom?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My Spouse and Son are travelling from India in May 2021. They will, initially stay at the GAA hotel, but post that they will join me.

Is it OK if they quarantine with me in my Condo... I have 2 bedrooms but only 1 washroom?
as Per the government of Canada:

Limit contact with others
  • Avoid quarantining at home if you cannot separate yourself from those who live with you. For example, if:
    • you live in a group or communal living setting
    • you share a small apartment
    • you live in the same household with large families or many people
    • you have roommates who have not travelled with you that you cannot avoid
    • your location is a camp, student dorm or other group setting where there is close contact and you share common spaces
  • Stay at home or the place you are staying in Canada (do not leave your property).
  • Only leave your home to seek time-sensitive medical services (use private transportation for this purpose).
  • Do not go to school, work, other public areas or use public transportation (e.g., buses, taxis).
  • Do not have any guests, even if you are outdoors.
  • Avoid contact with people who are at risk of more severe disease or outcomes, including:
    • older adults
    • people of any age with chronic medical conditions
    • people of any age who are immunocompromised
    • people living with obesity (BMI of 40 or higher)
  • Avoid contact with others in the same household, especially those you have not travelled with.
  • If you are staying in a hotel, do not use shared spaces, such as lobbies, courtyards, restaurants, gyms or pools.
  • If contact cannot be avoided, take the following precautions:
    • limit interactions with others in the household and wear a mask or face covering if a 2-metre distance cannot be maintained
    • stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom, if possible
      • this includes if you are living with friends/family who did not travel with you
  • Some people may transmit COVID-19 even though they do not show any symptoms.
    • Wearing a non-medical mask or face coveringif close contact with others cannot be avoided, can help protect those around you.
      • It should be made with at least 2 layers of tightly woven fabric, constructed to completely cover the nose and mouth without gaping and secured to the head by ties or ear loops.
  • Avoid contact with animals, as there have been several reports of people transmitting COVID-1
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-home-exposed-no-symptoms.html

Reactions: canuck78

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
as Per the government of Canada:

Limit contact with others
  • Avoid quarantining at home if you cannot separate yourself from those who live with you. For example, if:
    • you live in a group or communal living setting
    • you share a small apartment
    • you live in the same household with large families or many people
    • you have roommates who have not travelled with you that you cannot avoid
    • your location is a camp, student dorm or other group setting where there is close contact and you share common spaces
  • Stay at home or the place you are staying in Canada (do not leave your property).
  • Only leave your home to seek time-sensitive medical services (use private transportation for this purpose).
  • Do not go to school, work, other public areas or use public transportation (e.g., buses, taxis).
  • Do not have any guests, even if you are outdoors.
  • Avoid contact with people who are at risk of more severe disease or outcomes, including:
    • older adults
    • people of any age with chronic medical conditions
    • people of any age who are immunocompromised
    • people living with obesity (BMI of 40 or higher)
  • Avoid contact with others in the same household, especially those you have not travelled with.
  • If you are staying in a hotel, do not use shared spaces, such as lobbies, courtyards, restaurants, gyms or pools.
  • If contact cannot be avoided, take the following precautions:
    • limit interactions with others in the household and wear a mask or face covering if a 2-metre distance cannot be maintained
    • stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom, if possible
      • this includes if you are living with friends/family who did not travel with you
  • Some people may transmit COVID-19 even though they do not show any symptoms.
    • Wearing a non-medical mask or face coveringif close contact with others cannot be avoided, can help protect those around you.
      • It should be made with at least 2 layers of tightly woven fabric, constructed to completely cover the nose and mouth without gaping and secured to the head by ties or ear loops.
  • Avoid contact with animals, as there have been several reports of people transmitting COVID-1
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-home-exposed-no-symptoms.html
But there is a "stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom, if possible" if possible clause..... So No to 1 washroom condo

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
But there is a "stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom, if possible" if possible clause..... So No to 1 washroom condo
These are guidelines and not the law. You can decide to all quarantine for 15 days as a family, even if one of you don't need to.

No one can give you precise instructions on what you do in your own house.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Public health will make the final decision. Given the variant it would mean that everyone will be exposed so you could be creating another infected person. If it is allowed you would need to all quarantine and not leave the house for their quarantine period.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Boggles my mind how people are willing to infect their whole families which is one of issues why are quarantine policies are so ineffective. A father came home from quarantine and infected the whole family. 4 extra people ended up in the hospitals unnecessarily. Given that you may no longer get treatment if you are sick because hospitals are over capacity why do people want to risk their lives? Given that India is essentially on fire with covid it would be smartest for all the travelers to remain in your condo and you should go stay with your brother. That protects everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123 and Agastya