+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

14-day Quarantine/Isolation

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello folks,

I am returning to Toronto after a 10 month break in India. It's being difficult to find a reasonable accommodation for first 14 days of isolation :/

Q1. Is it absolutely essential to have a private washroom? 95% of airbnb's offer only a shared bath, and that's also generally the way houses/condos are built in Toronto I guess.

Q2. I'd appreciate any leads if y'all can direct me to portals except kijiji and FB to look for such accommodations.

TIA,
Anir

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
It's possible to get find airbnbs that lease out the full apartment to you or that have private bathrooms. If that is not possible, if all residents agree to quarantine with you, you should be fine. You can also look into hotel rooms for quarantine.

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
Hello folks,

I am returning to Toronto after a 10 month break in India. It's being difficult to find a reasonable accommodation for first 14 days of isolation :/

Q1. Is it absolutely essential to have a private washroom? 95% of airbnb's offer only a shared bath, and that's also generally the way houses/condos are built in Toronto I guess.

Q2. I'd appreciate any leads if y'all can direct me to portals except kijiji and FB to look for such accommodations.

TIA,
Anir
The whole point of the isolation is "isolation" unless you have other people in the house also isolating with you. AirBnb has full apartment/condo rentals. You should try regular hotels as well. In fact, you can always call hotel/motel directly to get a better rate if you stay for a month or more. We have done that many times in USA for our company interns.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
@aniruddhabhatt Just thought of sharing my experience.

I went to the US in June, 2020 and returned after 1 month.

I did self quarantine for 14 days in my own condo and I live with my brother in a 2 BHK. Immigration asked question around the same and I said I don't have any elders in my house and my brother also plan to quarantine for 14 days. They called me once on first weekend and asked similar questions and I answered the same as at the airport.
After that no calls apart from reminder emails, text and automated calls.

My colleague returned from London and self quarantined in a hotel because he has elderly parents at home in Canada. Although not asked by officer, but he did it by himself,.

There are heavy fines on not following the instructions but eventually it is up to us to be a good citizen and do our part.

REMEMBER to download the Can arrive app and fill the the details in that on the day of arrival so that you don't need to manually fill any details on paper at airport and just show the confirmation code to the officer.

Take care & have a good journey!