+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1095 day completed next week: apply before or after 6 week vacation?

desiboy100

Jul 12, 2010
Hi there,

I became a PR in August 2009 (landed immigrant) will be meeting the 1095 day requirement on November 15th (I only qualify on this date, since i was in the US for a few months on a project).

I have all my documents and I can apply on Nov 16th (if needed). However, I have to back to India on Nov 18th to attend my sister's wedding and I am planning to be there for 6 weeks.

My question is whether I should apply for citizenship on Nov 16th (sign application), and post the application on Nov 17th and leave the country on Nov 18th.

Or if it is better to apply after I come back to Canada in January 2014. I will then re-qualify around mid-February.

I am so confused, since I want to apply for citizenship as soon as possible, but I am wondering the fact that I will be leaving as soon as I apply (but returning in 6 weeks) will have an adverse effect on my application.

Thanks for all your advice and help.

tintinto

Jul 7, 2013
Do you have your cbsa report? are you 100% confident of your dates and have verified that your passport isn't missing any stamps? If so then it maybe fine to apply, otherwise you should probably wait. I am speaking from painful experience.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Concur with the above poster that best to apply on day 1096 subject to your 'presence' and 'absence' calculations being 100% accurate.