+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

⚠️⚠️Urgent Suggestion Required in Visitor Extension!

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,
My mom was staying here under visitor visa and got stuck due to Covid situation. So we applied for Visitor extension. However, she left Canada before their decision was made. They approved our request and sent a visitor record document with extension approval and requested us to perform a medical test in next 30 days in one of IRCC authorized labs. Logically the test should be required if she stayed in Canada. However, I noticed IRCC authorized labs are also available in her home country. I tried several times contacting them over phone but its always busy. The webform option has no Visitor category either. So my question is:
1. Should she take a medical test in her home country or it should not be required since she left Canada?
2. There's an option to withdraw application via webform where I can input comments. Should I withdraw our application via webform and inform them? Can that cause any issues on her overstay during entering Canada next time? Will withdrawing application make her overstay illegal?

Please help!! Thanks in advance!!

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,
My mom was staying here under visitor visa and got stuck due to Covid situation. So we applied for Visitor extension. However, she left Canada before their decision was made. They approved our request and sent a visitor record document with extension approval and requested us to perform a medical test in next 30 days in one of IRCC authorized labs. Logically the test should be required if she stayed in Canada. However, I noticed IRCC authorized labs are also available in her home country. I tried several times contacting them over phone but its always busy. The webform option has no Visitor category either. So my question is:
1. Should she take a medical test in her home country or it should not be required since she left Canada?
2. There's an option to withdraw application via webform where I can input comments. Should I withdraw our application via webform and inform them? Can that cause any issues on her overstay during entering Canada next time? Will withdrawing application make her overstay illegal?

Anyone?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Friends,

If she stayed past the expiry date of the initial stay she is required to do the medical. It’s unfortunate ate that you hadn’t informed IRCC when your mother had left Canada. You should still send a webform to IRCC indicating that your mother has already left Canada and on what date. You can try asking whether the medical is still necessary but it usually is. You can say that due to covid she would prefer to avoid going into any medical establishment. Worth a try. It can be done in any country as long as it is with a panel physician,

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she stayed past the expiry date of the initial stay she is required to do the medical. It’s unfortunate ate that you hadn’t informed IRCC when your mother had left Canada. You should still send a webform to IRCC indicating that your mother has already left Canada and on what date. You can try asking whether the medical is still necessary but it usually is. You can say that due to covid she would prefer to avoid going into any medical establishment. Worth a try. It can be done in any country as long as it is with a panel physician,
Thanks I will make sure she takes Medical from her home country.

I did try to contact IRCC over phone but its never available. I also tried Web form but I didn't see any category for Visitor Extension in drop down nor anything even close to Visitor visa. The only category that would have been close match was 'Application Withdrawal'. But I didn't want to withdraw the application to avoid any future issues besides, if I withdraw the application then whats the point of doing medical...right?

Or do you think I missed any category in Web form? Do you have any idea on those categories in Web form?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks I will make sure she takes Medical from her home country.

I did try to contact IRCC over phone but its never available. I also tried Web form but I didn't see any category for Visitor Extension in drop down nor anything even close to Visitor visa. The only category that would have been close match was 'Application Withdrawal'. But I didn't want to withdraw the application to avoid any future issues besides, if I withdraw the application then whats the point of doing medical...right?

Or do you think I missed any category in Web form? Do you have any idea on those categories in Web form?
There is a general webform to communicate with IRCC. Takes a while to get a response.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a general webform to communicate with IRCC. Takes a while to get a response.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Hey thanks again,
Yes this is the link I tried before. It finally leads to a dropdown menu to choose category but I am not seeing any category that matches for Visitor extension nor even something close. If I could post a screenshot here I could show you. But if you just go through it, you would also see there's no good option there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest withdrawal of the application. Would explain that your mother has left Canada and returned to India on x date. She has received a request for a medical and are wondering whether a medical is still necessary now that she has left Canada especially since she is trying to avoid medical facilities due to covid. She is happy to comply with the medical request if necessary. She would also like to withdraw the extension application now that she is no longer in Canada.

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would suggest withdrawal of the application. Would explain that your mother has left Canada and returned to India on x date. She has received a request for a medical and are wondering whether a medical is still necessary now that she has left Canada especially since she is trying to avoid medical facilities due to covid. She is happy to comply with the medical request if necessary. She would also like to withdraw the extension application now that she is no longer in Canada.
Understood. Thanks a lot buddy! That was really helpful!!