+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

would it be wise to apply for the entire family?

Lima_011

Feb 17, 2015
Hello there,

I have a question and I need someone to help me make the right decision. My in-laws want to come to Canada to visit us and meet their grandchild.

Visit Canada as a tourist, do you think it would be wise to apply for the entire family? Parents and 2 daughters(one daughter is 15 years old and the other one is 24 years old). So far, what I have heard from people is that the one daughter who is 24 years old will get rejected because she might just stay in Canada for a job, which she is not.

She is in the middle of completing her Master's program, but wants to visit us with her parents. The only ties to her country would be her studies and nothing else.

Also, if one person gets denied, would they reject the entire family?

Would appreciate your help and thanks in advance!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Each applicant will be assessed for his/her individual ties, any previous travel history, etc.

If the entire family applies together then their family ties to their home country would reduce. To overcome this, each applicant must prove that s/he has strong reasons to return.

Also, if one person gets denied, would they reject the entire family?
No

Lima_011

Feb 17, 2015
Bryanna said:
Each applicant will be assessed for his/her individual ties, any previous travel history, etc.
Thanks for your prompt response!

What would be a strong tie...she has no travel history. Would owning a property help her?