+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Way around for native speaker???

farrelli

Mar 24, 2009
Is there a way around this for a native speaker? It's time consuming and an added expense, and not only am I a native born American, I was consistently offered scholarship after scholarship in university for my skills with the english language (declined). So, does anyone know any way around this foolishness?

Seriously, this is much like another speed bump in the road for me where Immigration Canada holds it against me that I don't have an H1 visa when coming from the US. US citizens don't need, and can't even get, H1 visas because those documents are for foreign residents. Immigration Canada can't seem to even fathom the idea that a native English speaker, especially one from an English speaking country, would want to move to the Great White North.

Really, the Conservatives have got to go. Anything even approximating coherent system design is well beyond them.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

farrelli said:
Is there a way around this for a native speaker? It's time consuming and an added expense, and not only am I a native born American, I was consistently offered scholarship after scholarship in university for my skills with the english language (declined). So, does anyone know any way around this foolishness?

Seriously, this is much like another speed bump in the road for me where Immigration Canada holds it against me that I don't have an H1 visa when coming from the US. US citizens don't need, and can't even get, H1 visas because those documents are for foreign residents. Immigration Canada can't seem to even fathom the idea that a native English speaker, especially one from an English speaking country, would want to move to the Great White North.

Really, the Conservatives have got to go. Anything even approximating coherent system design is well beyond them.
1. Another person who obviously doesn't read the instructions.
2. If your country of residence is English speaking, all your schooling was in English, and the language of work is English, you don't have to take the IELTs you include a statement of your use of English.
3. And how does CIC hold not having a H1 visa hold it against you.

PMM