+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa rejected by CIC's mistake

oylp1988

Dec 3, 2015
Hello All,

I just applied the open work permit for my wife online, however it was rejected by the embassy in France with the following reason,

'To qualify for an open work permit (OWP) under this category, your spouse must have a valid skilled employment (NOC 0, A or B) for at least 6 months in Canada. As your spouse's work permit expires in less than 6 months, you do not qualify for an OWP.'

However, my work permit will expire in Feb 2017... WTF!!!!

I then called the CIC, and they said there must be wrong, but since my wife's case was processed in Paris, they didn't have the authority to check it. and let me to contact the VISA Application Office in Paris.

Then I followed the link on the website of CIC to the visa office in Paris, I found it was an agent --- vfsgloble... My wife called them, and they said they didn't process the case, and then asked me to contact the embassy in Paris......... :)

Then I googled the contact info of the embassy in Paris, they don't have any numbers issuing the affairs about visa..

Finally, I submitted a case-specific enquiry. There was an automatic email to me, saying they will reply me in 10 days, however, 10 days past, I heard nothing from them.

Last week, I called the CIC again, they said they didn't know to contact the paris....

Could any body have experience like me? Please give me some help........ I know you are experienced guys.

Thank you all.!!!!!