+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!! - Visitor Extension - "Proof of Means of Financial Support"

Roseyyeong66

Apr 5, 2024
Hello, I am reposting this here since someone said I posted in the wrong topic on accident :)

I was wondering how I could prove my fiance has money to support me for my stay here. We were wondering if a bank statement in his name would be okay for this document? In my application, I said that he would be covering my expenses but they say that bank statements must be in my name. Here are a few of the documents they allow and my questions for each one:

• Your bank statements for the past four months:
    • Could we provide them with my fiance's bank statements instead of mine?

• A letter from the person or institution providing you with money:
    • We assume they would want proof of his money so would he write that he will support me for the entirety of my stay and then attach a bank statement?

• Proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada:
    • Again, would we provide his account instead of mine?

PS: the other person said that having my fiance cover all of my expenses will not look good to IRCC but I originally was visiting and we did not expect to take this route. We will be doing spousal sponsorship after being married so our money is pretty much shared. But the reason I have to have him cover my expenses is because I am not legally allowed to work since I do not have a work permit. We could always transfer his money to my account but wouldn't it just make more sense to show we have the money to support ourselves?

Also, for more context, most of my fiance's financials are in his savings. He says that it would only take 1-2 days to transfer it to his checking but we are worried that IRCC wants all the money to be in the checking, not savings. Would this be an issue if the money we claim he will support me with is in savings and not checking? It's the same account just in different sections. Please let me know, thanks again :)