+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stolen citizenship card ( by Manila Embassy)

hounddog

Jan 10, 2017
:'(I don't know if I'm just blowing off steam or if any one can help me. My problem is trying to retrieve my daughter's citizenship card from immigration Canada. I am Canadian born and registerred my daughter on Feb. 6 2004. In May of 2008 I applied for a passport for her at the Manila embassy.They scanned my forms, ok,ed them and said I could pick them up in a few days. As I was leaving for Canada I arranged for my daughter's passport to be picked up by their mother. Just before she was going to Manila to get it She received a phone call saying not to go to the embassy. She assumed or was led to believe I could take care of it upon my return. On May 15 2008 we received a letter advising of a "DEFERRMENT OF HER PASSPORT APPLICATION" My wife quite properly does not open my mail and so the letter sat until my return to the Philippines in October. On September 12 2008 We received another letter stating that our service request has been closed. Further it stated that my daughter's citizenship card was being forwarded to CIC and retained until her "citizenship is clarified." Now I am niether fish nor fowl as far as how I re-apply for citizenship she was already duly issued. Also on the passport application it stated ALL documents would be returned if application denied. It has been suggested DNA tests might help. (cost about $1500)