+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing and goods to follow

jisho

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Hi guys,
I have concern regarding goods to follow list and soft landing. I really could not find a lot of informqtion regarding this so please let me know your thought.
For soft landing is it necessary to provide/submit the good to follow list and form BSF 186? I personally don't think I need to provide any provide any goods to follow list as I don't fall in any of the classification types mention on form BSF 186.
The classifications are
1) Former Resident (Tariff item no: 9805.00.00).......False for initial soft landing. I am a would be resident.
2) Beneficiary (Tariff item no: 9806.00.00)....... False for initial soft landing.
3) Seasonal Resident (Tariff item no: 9829.00.00).................False for initial soft landing.
4) Settler(Tariff item no: 9829.00.00).
a) I am entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a permanent residence for a period in excess of 12 months and I arrived in Canada on ____________. Again this should not be applicable for people doing a soft landing whose initial period of stay in Canada is less than 12 months. Would I not be lying on this form if I choose this option as I know that I will be there for 7 days only?

Let me know your thoughts.

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
@jisho
Did you find any information on this? I am also planning to do soft landing and I was been told by counselar that I don't need to fill this form. And I am confused reading about this form. Please post your response if you found any info. Thanks.