+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply for Citizenship ?

Batman1

Aug 5, 2014
Apiang2012 said:
Dear Leon, keesio, meyakanor, et 'al
I really need some advise and help. Following is my situation. Will appreciate if you can help answer the following questions ...

Status
1) July 25th, 2010 - Landed in Canada
2) July 30th, 2015 - PR card expires
3) US B2 Visa - Expires in 2022 (15 years multiple visa)
4) US I-94 expires on 9/5/14
5) Stayed 2010-2014 4 consecutive years in Ontario Canada Ontario

Situation
I recently travelled to the US and ended up getting married. Due to marriage I-94 rule of 6 months does not apply to me as I am married to a US citizen. On 9/5/14 I would have completed my six months stay in the US. Few things I am worried about. I do not want to loose my Canadian PR or Canadian Citizenship and am not ready to give up my Canadian PR or Citizenship.

Following are my questions that I really need help and if possible help advise based on current Canadian immigration laws

I have Canadian PR and expires on 6/30/2015
Q1: If I choose to stay in the US for more than six months? will the Canadian immigration give me hard time upon my return to Canada ?
A) Suppose I stayed in the US for 1 year?
B) Suppose I stayed in the US for 8 months?
C) Is there anything else that would cause issues that will effect my PR or Canadian Citizenship?

Q2: At this point I believe I qualify to apply for my Citizenship?
A) Will staying in the US for more than six months effect my citizenship? even though I have stayed in Canada for more than 4 years consecutively ?
B) Will there be any impacts to my Canadian citizenship?
C) When should I apply for my Canadian citizenship?

Q3: College enrolment in the US
A) If I am enrolled in College and my semester ends in December 2014 will this have any impact on my citizenship? this will make my stay out of Canada for total of 8 months

Q4:Need help and advise on when to apply to my Canadian Citizenship?
A) Can I apply for my Canadian citizen ship in the US ?
B) Can I attest the needed Canadian immigration documents in the US?
C) Can I have anyone that will represent me in Canada to submit my immigration documents for citizenship? will this stay more than 6 months have any impact on my citizenship application?

Any comments and advise is appreciated. Thank you in advance for you help and comments