+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-applying for IEC after entry date expiration?

kaylouise

Sep 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

First of all I am a 31 year old Australian looking to work in Canada. I have gone through the application process (in a mad panic last year as I knew it was my last opportunity due to age!) and was accepted last year to apply for a work visa. I received a Letter of Introduction with an expiry date of entry in October 2018 - next month!

Basically long story short I am not ready to make the move yet and almost gave up hope knowing my letter was due to expire, UNTIL I found the age limit for Australians has JUST (last month) increased from 30 to 35. Which means I now will hopefully have a second opportunity to work in Canada. Great news, however I am unsure where to go from here.

I was hoping for some advice from anyone who knows whether it is possible to reapply for a new work permit with a new entry date and if so I assume you pay all the fees again etc? I do not know how else to find this information out as there is no obviously direct contact to immigration authorities and the Govt of Canada website doesn't seem to have any similar FAQs regarding this on there.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Kay

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Unless they changed the participation number unfortunately it is a use or lose it case one time only. As you have a letter of introduction if you do not take it up by the expiry date that would be your only chance other than a Coop/ intern permit.

If was not such a long and potentially expensive flight you could have planned to activate your current IEC letter , return home and at least get a fair number of months in by returning at a later date.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=au&cat=wh&#country_category_name