+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions related to the extension of work in Canada

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
Hi guys,

I have several questions related to the procedure of extending my work in Canada, as I'm not sure if my understanding is good, I want to check with you in order to avoid some possible problems I could have if I make mistake.
My current closed work permit and TRV are about to expire on December 15th. As I applied for PR, I'm expecting AOR before December 1st, so either I will apply for BWOP or for another closed work permit with another employer if I receive the offer in the meantime.

1) If I understood well, in both cases I could apply online anytime before December 15th, and continue to work with current employer as implied status, until I receive the answer from CIC. Can you confirm if this is correct as I found an information on CIC website that I should apply at least 30 days before my current status expire?

2) What about my younger son who is 3 years old? He has a visitor record in his passport. Should I apply for him and which type of permit should I ask for?

3) As I read from CIC site I can't apply for TRV, before I receive the answer for WP application, so I'm wondering what will be my status in Canada in the meantime? Should I be covered by TRV during my whole stay in Canada or I need TRV only to leave country and go back again?

Thanks for your help.
Zoran