+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question qbout hearings and investigations

kepi

Aug 8, 2014
Can u tell me
im a sponcer of my spouce he is getting investigated and is waiting for a hearing
does anyone know if I the sponcer will get informed when the bearing is.or can I find out when it is

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
kepi said:
Can u tell me
im a sponcer of my spouce he is getting investigated and is waiting for a hearing
does anyone know if I the sponcer will get informed when the bearing is.or can I find out when it is
As I understand it, you are referring to a proceeding to determine whether a sponsored PR failed to satisfy the condition of cohabitation and should thus lose PR status.

While CIC may contact you further to obtain information, you are not a party and are unlikely to be directly engaged in the proceedings. I am not certain of this, but I doubt you will be given notice or even have access to information about the proceedings, including dates for hearings or such. Frankly, you have no legal interest in the proceedings. This is a matter between CIC and the sponsored PR.

At most you are an informer or witness who can provide relevant information, and CIC will contact you if further information is sought.

Basically you do not need to worry about having to have anything further to do with the matter.