Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I'm just wondering how you can prove you reside in Canada with PR status. What kind of document do you need? Obviously the your copy of CoPR (landing document) proves when and where you landed, but what shows you keep living in Canada? Like apartment lease, phone bill etc? Will employment letter do it?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
The absolute strongest evidence is a full time job in Canada. So T4 from your employer and NoA (from filing taxes) is very good. An employment letter is also very good, especially if your employer is a big company.

If you have a full-time job in Canada for a large employer, CIC will not give you that much trouble.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
keesio said:
The absolute strongest evidence is a full time job in Canada. So T4 from your employer and NoA (from filing taxes) is very good. An employment letter is also very good, especially if your employer is a big company.

If you have a full-time job in Canada for a large employer, CIC will not give you that much trouble.
Glad to know this. Thanks for the info!

kishoreahuja

Nov 5, 2012
will i be allowed entry into canada have an airline ticket for 20th august 2014

ZingyDNA said:
I'm just wondering how you can prove you reside in Canada with PR status. What kind of document do you need? Obviously the your copy of CoPR (landing document) proves when and where you landed, but what shows you keep living in Canada? Like apartment lease, phone bill etc? Will employment letter do it?
[/quote

Dear Sir,

I am Kishore Ahuja aged 55 years and an advertising professional settled in Bangalore, India and now running my own advertising agency. I had applied for immigration to Canada in 2005-06 and submitted my work related documents , educational proof etc which included an MBA from USA.

Thereafter I got family PR cards for self and family ( wife and daughter) in August 2009 , after which I suffered multiple fractures in a car accident a victim of drunken driving in September 2009. I was hospitalized for 2 months and my deadline to enter Canada and obtain the PR card was November 2009. I entered Canada on Nov 10th 2009 with family and was literally on crutches . During my stay in Toronto in November 2009 I stayed at wifes cousins place in Vaughn and was confined to bed .Soon I left for India in December 2009 . On my return to India I was under medical treatment and finally recovered in 2010. I had suffered major losses in Business and was trying to get back in shape . Finally when I decided to return to Canada my father took ill and I had to take care of him since there was no one else in my family to take care of him He expired in April 2014 and I am now free to immigrate. My daughter has completed her 10th grade in school and is very keen to complete her studies in Canada. My wife was totally against this move to Canada and due to this matter and some other issues we are divorced in March 2014 , I am now free of all obligations and ready to start life fresh in Canada. Custody of daughter is with me.
I have a full set of questions and am thoroughly confused
My various doubts are as follows.

1.) Can I enter Canada, I have a one way ticket booked for 20th August 2014 since I was informed that high school starts on Sept 2nd, my daughter has discontinued her studies here in India
2.) Can I work legally and get an extension on my PR card which expires on December 3rd 2014?
3.) What kind of questions can I expect at the airport, and what should be my reply
4.) Can my daughter study in Canada or will I be asked to leave
5.) I can provide dads death certificate and a doctors letter stating that dad was under my care on doctors advice for 2 -3 years'
6.) I am sending a list of all relevant documents regarding my earlier visit to Canada.

7.) In case my daughter decides to stay on and study I may have to come back to either wind up my business or make some other arrangements to continue my business and travel to and fro. Would that be possible ?

Awaiting a favourable reply.

Yours truly
Kishore Ahuja

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: will i be allowed entry into canada have an airline ticket for 20th august 2014

kishoreahuja said:
1.) Can I enter Canada, I have a one way ticket booked for 20th August 2014 since I was informed that high school starts on Sept 2nd, my daughter has discontinued her studies here in India
2.) Can I work legally and get an extension on my PR card which expires on December 3rd 2014?
3.) What kind of questions can I expect at the airport, and what should be my reply
5.) I can provide dads death certificate and a doctors letter stating that dad was under my care on doctors advice for 2 -3 years'
6.) I am sending a list of all relevant documents regarding my earlier visit to Canada.

7.) In case my daughter decides to stay on and study I may have to come back to either wind up my business or make some other arrangements to continue my business and travel to and fro. Would that be possible ?
1) Yes, you may enter, however, see 3).

2) You are still a PR until or unless your PR is revoked so you can work legally.

3) They will ask how long you were outside Canada and you should tell the truth, about your accident and about your father. The immigration officer could report you for not meeting the residency requirements but they don't always do it. If they don't report you, you enter Canada in a grey area situation, you are still a PR but you don't meet the RO (residency obligation). The simplest way to ensure that you keep your PR in this case would be to stay in Canada, not leave, not apply to renew your PR card or for anything else from immigration for 2 years. At this point, you meet the RO again and would be able to renew your PR card as your PR is in good standing with time in Canada for 2 out of the previous 5 years. If they however report you, you need to appeal their decision based on H&C grounds because of your accident and because you were taking care of your father. You would keep your PR and be allowed to stay in Canada as your appeal gets processed which can take 1-2 years. During this time, you can renew your PR card for one year at a time. You should however stay in Canada because your appeal will not look good for you if you have your appeal hearing 1-2 years later and have not used that time to get settled. If you win your appeal, you keep your PR, if you lose, you lose your PR and must leave.

4) If you and your daughter are able to enter Canada either without being reported or having been reported and having appealed, she can study in Canada.

5) This will be necessary if you have to appeal for your PR.

6) To whom are you sending a list and why?

7) No, if you get the gift of being allowed to keeping your PR after not having spent any time in Canada in the past 5 years, immigration will have no understanding in regard to your need to travel back and forth at this time. Either you commit 100% at this time or you can forget your PR.

petals1982

Jul 27, 2014
I have received my permanent residence through the manitoba provincial program. However i will want to go to manitoba and then come after one month as i have some pending matters to settle in my home country and i want to get back again to Canada in one year. i was sponsored by my cousin who lives in manitoba, so i would like to know if my cousin will be able to sponsor another person since i did not remain in Canada for 1 year immediately after landing. Will he be black listed or not allowed to sponsor anyone else? However i will be getting back to Manitob after 1 were year and intend to settle in the province. I have on intention of violating the residency obligation of living 2 years in Canada out of 5 years. Pls be kind enough to help me out with this problem.

Thank you

petals1982

Jul 27, 2014
I have received my permanent residence through the manitoba provincial program. However i will want to go to manitoba and then come after one month as i have some pending matters to settle in my home country and i want to get back again to Canada in one year. i was sponsored by my cousin who lives in manitoba, so i would like to know if my cousin will be able to sponsor another person since i did not remain in Canada for 1 year immediately after landing. Will he be black listed or not allowed to sponsor anyone else? However i will be getting back to Manitob after 1 were year and intend to settle in the province. I have on intention of violating the residency obligation of living 2 years in Canada out of 5 years. Pls be kind enough to help me out with this problem.

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petals1982 said:

Thank you
When your cousin tries to sponsor another person, they will ask who did they sponsor in the past and what are their current addresses. If you return to Manitoba to settle before your cousin applies to sponsor again, there shouldn't be a problem.

petals1982

Jul 27, 2014
Thank you Leon for your response. I could return before he sponsors but i Wonder if Mpnp will find fault if they find out that i didn't stay one year in the country preceding my landing. Please advise. Thank once again for your time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petals1982 said:
Thank you Leon for your response. I could return before he sponsors but i Wonder if Mpnp will find fault if they find out that i didn't stay one year in the country preceding my landing. Please advise. Thank once again for your time.
If asked, you can say that you had to complete a job contract in your home country. I can not tell you if they will bar your cousin from sponsoring because of that.

kishoreahuja

Nov 5, 2012
Re: will i be allowed entry into canada have an airline ticket for 20th august 2014

Hi Sir ,

Sorry to bother you once again i had been told by a friend that i would require a Port of Entry Letter in my case to gain entry into Canada i wished to know how it works and whether it would be essential in my case

Regards

Kishore Ahuja

Dear Sir,

I am Kishore Ahuja aged 55 years and an advertising professional settled in Bangalore, India and now running my own advertising agency. I had applied for immigration to Canada in 2005-06 and submitted my work related documents , educational proof etc which included an MBA from USA.

Thereafter I got family PR cards for self and family ( wife and daughter) in August 2009 , after which I suffered multiple fractures in a car accident a victim of drunken driving in September 2009. I was hospitalized for 2 months and my deadline to enter Canada and obtain the PR card was November 2009. I entered Canada on Nov 10th 2009 with family and was literally on crutches . During my stay in Toronto in November 2009 I stayed at wifes cousins place in Vaughn and was confined to bed .Soon I left for India in December 2009 . On my return to India I was under medical treatment and finally recovered in 2010. I had suffered major losses in Business and was trying to get back in shape . Finally when I decided to return to Canada my father took ill and I had to take care of him since there was no one else in my family to take care of him He expired in April 2014 and I am now free to immigrate. My daughter has completed her 10th grade in school and is very keen to complete her studies in Canada. My wife was totally against this move to Canada and due to this matter and some other issues we are divorced in March 2014 , I am now free of all obligations and ready to start life fresh in Canada. Custody of daughter is with me.
I have a full set of questions and am thoroughly confused
My various doubts are as follows.

Awaiting a favourable reply.

Yours truly
Kishore Ahuja

[/quote]

kishoreahuja

Nov 5, 2012
this is kishor ahuja

i had asked for your advise earlier and was very satisfied with your replies i have a pr card valid upto dec 3 2014 i am now in brampton and my daughter studies at st augustine catholic school i have only fulfilled 45 days since i originally got the pr i need to go home to india urgently for 45 days and return around 20 days before my pr card expires is that possible??? help please

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kishoreahuja said:
this is kishor ahuja

i had asked for your advise earlier and was very satisfied with your replies i have a pr card valid upto dec 3 2014 i am now in brampton and my daughter studies at st augustine catholic school i have only fulfilled 45 days since i originally got the pr i need to go home to india urgently for 45 days and return around 20 days before my pr card expires is that possible??? help please
1. In future best not to give your actual name on a forum or your identifiable info...CIC/CBSA can and do check these boards.

2. No one is stopping you from leaving Canada but upon re-entry CBSA agent can dig into your RO and report you. We see your situation on this forum daily...the PR in RO breach who gets a pass on return and then wants to jet out again...all a matter of luck or not so your call but weigh the loss of PR against the trip...which one takes precedence is a personal choice that no one can advise you on!