+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP HCP EE - What would happen if you decline the nomination in EE profile?

xia88niuniu

Jan 24, 2024
Hi all, I was invited to apply for OINP HCP Tech Occupation on Dec 14, 2023. On April 6, I checked my OINP portal and status shows "Approved". Since it was on a Saturday, I think the status probably changed on the previous day April 5. All of my applications were handled and submitted by my immigration attorney. Oddly, they didn't notify me of the good news. They did notify me on April 5th that I received another invite to apply for OINP in my EE profile and they declined it on my behalf since I already had an application submitted. So far, I haven't heard anything from the attorney, and I haven't received any emails from OINP regarding my certificate or anything.

The thing is - I checked OINP Program update, it showed the last tech invite was on Mar 21st. So it's odd that I would receive an invite on April 5th somehow, and considering my OINP portal status changed to "Approved" on April 5th, I'm suspecting they accidentally declined my nomination actually. I have reached out to them but I haven't heard anything back.

In the meantime my question is - I've heard from different threads stating that OINP portal status would only change to "Approved" after accepting the nomination in EE profile. If that's the case, it's odd that the attorney would just accept it without telling me or notifying me since it's a good thing and the credit would go to them. I'm just wondering - what would happen if someone decline the nomination in EE profile? What would the status in OINP Portal be? Will it be something else or it would still be "Approved" even after declining?

Another question is - What can we do if we accidentally declined it in EE? Can we send emails to OINP or EE to resend the nomination?

Thanks for all your help guys.