+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new passport for citizenship application

merhaba

Jun 27, 2010
Hi,

Russian authorities may keep your old passport unless you did not request to return it. What if I'm coming to my citizenship application with a virgin new passport without any stamps?

Would CIC go mad about it? Are you aware of any additional checks in this case?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

M.

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Do you still have your old passport? Make copies of the stamps for your own records before you give it up. Sometimes the Canadian border official doesn't even bother to stamp your passport.

Every time you enter Canada your passport is scanned into their system. They have they own records of when you have entered and exited the country.

Generally when applying for citizenship they only ask you to list out the dates you were out of Canada. If they require proof show them boarding passes, plane tickets, credit card receipts of purchases made in Canada if they ask you for proof of being in Canada.

My mother has applied for citizenship and they didn't ask for anything other that for her to list the dates outside of Canada. She has changed her passport twice since becoming a PR. Some of those dates were 5 years ago and she couldn't remember and had to dig through past credit card statements and old receipts to find the exact dates.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never show my passport when re-entering Canada after an absence. I just show my PR card, and that's it. These have all been land border crossings, though, so things may be different from another country or if traveling commercially.