+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New business as a student?

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Okay guys so I will be coming to canada as an international student (student visa) ,nothing else.

Now ,right now, in my home country I actually teach "Marketing" to people that are interested , online.

And its getting bigger everyday, I'm making some money on the side with this...and the plan was even before I started,and still is, to turn it into a registered company and then teach ,so the reputation stays and grows as the company name ,not as some random guy trying to teach.

SO,my question:

Can I register and run this online business while I land in canada as an "International student" while on my "Student visa" ?

I will have 20 hours of work permit/week but that will be another job I will be taking up granted someone hires me when I reach there.

But,this is an online thing,is it allowed in canada while coming as a student?
I'm not stealing/taking any canadian jobs in the process.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also,if the answer to this yes,can I open an offline business that sells some physical items? it can be anything...not a business probably but me on a student visa trying to gain some extra cash by buying things for cheap and selling them for higher prices to Canadians - while still working on my 20 hour/week job ,as what I described will be sort of self-employed status and not any employer hiring me to do something.

Help please,any help whatsoever is really appreciated ,thanks a bunch in advance! :)

slzyoyo

Oct 10, 2014
Hey!
check out centraldominion. ca They can do it for you! it's also operated by an international student in Canada! so he pretty much knows how to do it.