+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help please

Sofia allaine

May 20, 2014
hi. good day.

i got my PR through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. I arrived in April 2013 and have stayed here in Winnipeg for the past 1 year. Although I have a job right now, it is just casual and it is not related to my Engineering course. And despite already having a job, I am still continuously seeking and applying for a much better position but still haven't had any luck.

Recently, I just received a call from Calgary (an Engineering firm) and hired me for a good position there and will start on June. Honestly, i want to stay here but my opportunity to fulfill my dreams are not here in Manitoba, I didn't expect this to happen, and sad to say but its really hard finding a job here. I've been layed-off twice and until now grasping to find a really better job. Since i have a family i want to give them much more than what i have right now.

Now I know that as a Manitoba PNP, I am required to stay for a certain duration before moving to another province or else, my sponsor (I am under the Family Stream and was sponsored by my sister-in-law, principal is my wife) will be blacklisted from further sponsoring other nominees. And I wouldn't want that to happen. My sister-in-law's husband is planning also to sponsor his brother in the coming years.

However, I am very much interested to try this Calgary offer, something which I have been hardpressed to find in Winnipeg. Although its a contractual basis, there still a probability that they will absorb me soon as a regular employee. And because of this opportunity, I am planning to move to Calgary and will bring also my wife and daughter.

So here are my questions:

1. Is it true that my sponsor(sister-in-law) will be blacklisted from sponsoring other relatives? actually the one who will sponsoring soon is my sister-in-law 's husband, not the one who sponsor us.Is he also be blacklisted from sponsoring?

2) How many years we need to stay here in Manitoba before moving out to other province?

3) Is the scenario of me working in Calgary and will bring my family an acceptable situation for Provincial Nominees without grave or bad consequences to my status or to my sponsor?

Thank you very much and any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: need help. urgent !!!! (about my sponsor)

1. Yes, if you leave or at least if your wife does because she was the principal applicant, your sponsor will be blacklisted. As for the husband, I don't know. If your sponsor or her husband tries to sponsor another person, they will have to fill out this form: http://immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/2013/10/manitoba-immigration-mpnp-settlement-plan-2.pdf
The form asks if the sponsor or a member of their household has sponsored a person in the past and where that person is now living. At the bottom of the form, it states that the sponsor realizes that they will be prohibited from sponsoring if their sponsored individuals and family does not settle permanently in MB. It does not state that their whole household will also be blacklisted but it does ask the whereabouts of people that have been sponsored by all the people in their household. You should phone MPNP and ask that as a general question.

2. There is no set minimum time that you must stay. Applying under MPNP, you sign that you intend to settle in MB. That's all. Intentions can change and you are of course free to move if you are not prosperous in MB but can get a good job somewhere else.

3. There are no consequences for your status but your sponsor will be barred.